On this Episode
Greg Jacob is a self-described “regular” guy who decided to attempt the Navad 1000, a 621-mile, single-stage mountain bike race across Switzerland with more than 100,000ft. of climbing along the way. He’s here to talk about how he went from basically zero mountain bike experience to completing a grueling race in just a short time.
In this episode, Greg shares:
- His background in terms of fitness and spending time outdoors
- His inspiration for signing up for the Navad 1000
- How he prepared himself for the race.
- The biggest challenges he faced in his training.
- What surprised him about mountain biking relative to other sports he’s more familiar with, like road cycling.
- How turning 40 this year puts him at a disadvantage for adventures like this, but also gives him some advantages.
- Plans for mountain bike adventures in the future.
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes.
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter.