Carol Baldwin is the founder of Flownetic MTB Skills and is a PMBIA Level 3 certified mountain bike skills instructor. She’s also a Singletracks contributor and product tester.
In this podcast we ask Carol:
- Have you alway mountain biked with flat pedals?
- Was it difficult to switch from clipless to flat pedals? Why?
- What are the advantages of flat pedals compared to clipless?
- What are the disadvantages of flats compared to clipless pedals?
- Are bigger and/or wider pedal platforms better?
- What’s the right number of pins per side?
- What is your favorite shoe, or type of shoe for mountain biking?
- What is your favorite flat pedal?
- Are aluminum pedals better than composite?
- Are there certain types of rides that are better or worse for flat pedals?
- For people who have only used flats, is it worth giving clipless a try?
- Is riding on flats more fun?
Learn more and connect with Carol at flowneticmtb.com.
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes.
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter.
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes