Angi Weston is the founder of Radical Roots MTB, a group that provides “fun, safe, mountain bike skills progression” through various lessons, programs, events, and group rides. In addition to working with riders, Angi also trains MTB skills coaches and is based in Bellingham, WA.
- What led you to launch Radical Roots in 2018?
- What can riders learn from riding flats that they can’t learn riding clipless pedals?
- Do you think it’s better to learn skills on a hardtail than a FS bike?
- Are the junior riders you work with looking to develop different skills from the adults that attend your other camps?
- How much does having a good mountain bike contribute to rider confidence, and perhaps even skill? How do you know if you need to upgrade your skills vs. your bike?
- What are the skills your students are most interested in learning? Is there a fundamental skill or skills everyone should learn first?
- What are the skills you’re working on personally? Are there things you wish you could do better?
- What makes someone a successful MTB skills coach?
Visit radicalrootsmtb.com to connect with Angi and find out about upcoming clinics.
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes