Matt Harvey is the co-founder of Enduro Bearings, a company dedicated to producing premium, high quality bearings for the bicycle industry. He’s been working in bike shops starting as a teenager and later for industry brands like Gary Fisher and Bianchi.
- What was your ‘aha’ moment for forming Enduro Bearings?
- What makes bicycle bearings different from bearings used for other purposes?
- What are the challenges involved in designing high performance bicycle bearings?
- Which parts of a mountain bike will benefit the most from high quality bearings?
- How do you know when your bearings are worn out, or need maintenance?
- Are bearings generally serviceable, or are home mechanics better off replacing them?
- What kind of grease should you use for bearings?
- What’s the advantage of ceramic bearing balls?
- Where are most bearings products produced?
- Why do you think Pressfit bottom brackets have such a bad reputation?
- Aside from bottom brackets, it seems like the bearings in pedals tend to give riders problems over time. Why is that?
- What’s next for Enduro Bearings? Is there still potential for innovation and improvement in bicycle bearings?
Learn more at cycling.endurobearings.com.
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes
Become a Singletracks supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing: singletracks.com/support