On this Episode
Hans Rey is a mountain bike trials legend and global ambassador for the sport, exploring and documenting exotic locations around the world by bike. His non-profit, Wheels4Life, provides bicycles for transportation to folks in developing countries. He was inducted in the mountain bike hall of fame in 1999, and is an IMBA honorary board member.
I talk with Hans about how he got started in mountain bike trials, and how trials riding is related to freeriding. Hans shares his secrets for staying strong on the bike after all these years, his favorite places to ride around the world, and why he’s such a big fan of flow trails. We also talk about the work his non-profit Wheels4Life is doing globally, and how mountain bike video production and distribution has changed since the VHS days.
Resources from this Episode
- Follow Hans on Instagram or his blog
- Wheels4Life founded by Hans & Carmen Rey
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes.
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter.
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes
I really loved this interview! So cool to listen to a really interesting historical perspective from Hans that I honestly hadn’t heard before.
Little belated buuut…
For those not familiar with trials, it expands the very essence and basis of mountain biking at the wholesale level. Everything revolves around negotiating obstacles and bike handling, that is what trials is!