On this Episode
Wendy Engelberg is the founder of Girlz Gone Riding, a mountain bike group working to get more women riding and enjoying the experience. Club rides routinely see up to 100 mountain bikers, and the group counts thousands of members spread across California and Arizona.
We talk with Wendy about the challenges women face when it comes to getting started in mountain biking and finding others to ride with. Based on years of experience, Wendy shares her tips for leading a successful and accessible group ride for mountain bikers of all abilities. Later, we discuss the brands and women in the mountain bike industry that are setting an example when it comes to diversifying participation.
For more information go to girlzgoneriding.com
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes.
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter.
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes
Singletracks may receive compensation for purchases made through any affiliate links in this article.