According to a recent survey of more than 4,000 mountain bikers, 58% reported they do NOT own a dropper seat post yet. Of course, dropper posts aren’t for everyone–they’re more expensive, heavier, and more complicated than regular posts–but that still leaves a lot of riders who aren’t using dropper posts, but maybe should.
If you’re like me–part of the 58% of riders who aren’t running a dropper post–be sure to read up on what makes dropper posts so effective:
- A Dropper Post Is the #1 Upgrade that Makes Mountain Biking More Fun
- Buyer’s guide to choosing the best dropper post
- Video from Seth’s Bike Hacks: Why Use a Dropper Post?
- Podcast: How Dropper Posts Work and Why You Need One
- Video: How to Ride with a Dropper Post
- Video: How to Use a Dropper Post for XC, Not Just Enduro
- Video: How to Install a Dropper Post
Finally, don’t take our word for it–see what the Singletracks community has to say about dropper posts. Within our general seatpost review category, 4 out of the top 5 rated seatposts are dropper posts!