Finding that girl who likes mountain biking as much as i do!

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Finding that girl who likes mountain biking as much as i do!

Viewing 65 reply threads
  • Author

So my last girlfriend got out on the trail one time and swore she would never do it again, well she didnt and we broke up lol. Now im stuck riding with my friend and his wife (depressing right?) Are there many girls in the sport? Seems like everyone I see looks like theyre being drug along with theyre boyfriends haha. Did u guys get your girls into biking or meet them on the trail? This is a must for me now! I need to find this asap lol, thanks!

Mike, Mike, Mike! There aren’t any ladies as cool as Mudhonney that ride and have a clue. Our fearless leader is a lucky guy. You have quite a quest ahead of you. 99.9% of the good biking ladies are taken already. Good luck. Most MTB riders want the mountain bike to get away from their other half. What happens when the "perfect girl" gets tired of you and drops you? (on the trail of course) Who you gonna call then? Be happy and pedal. Stop looking or you’ll never find anything. If it happens it happens. Koom By Yah! 😄 Later,

haha well said buddy

…Marry your bike

Been happily married for almost 15 years and my wife refuses to go mt biking and I can seldom get her to go hiking. However she encourages me to go and I get "kitchen passes" to hit the trail 12 times a week. Hardest part is not necessary going when I want to but when family allows.

There is more than mt biking (did I just say that) if you find one that encourages you to ride it is almost as good as one that does. Maybe better because than you get some "me time".

just my $.02’s

It’s funny you say that Brian, I have found myself asking the same question and always come back to your answer. I am not married yet, but my girlfriend is un-interested in riding trail. She will do very basic off road stuff (rail trail and WIDE double track) but isn’t into the single track thing. She does, however, encourage me to bike whenever I want as often as I want. Same thing with skiing. She doesn’t get in the way. She knew the arrangement going in and, that is fine.

Not to say there aren’t a lot of girls out there that ride… I am sure there are. My suggestion would be to hit up the same trails and maybe a local rider-friendly bar after the ride. You’ll bump into someone. Chances are, if there are guys looking for a girl that can ride, the converse is also true.

You can also check to see if there is a women specic cycling club in your area and attend some of their events. For example COSWMBA has a recruiting event coming up next month. Im sure that you can find plenty of single girls. Although like stated before most are spoken for…..

If you go to a ladies event take care and be cool. If you look like you are there to pick ’em up they might think you’re Chester the Molester and pedal away. 😄 Later,

"fat_billy" wrote

If you go to a ladies event take care and be cool. If you look like you are there to pick ’em up they might think you’re Chester the Molester and pedal away. 😄 Later,

fat_billy got a point so just be cool..

Ya well women have the same problem. I’d like to find a GUY who mountain bikes. Haven’t yet–hope to before I die 😃

Maybe the two of you should exchange information… 💡

I have the same problem, except Im a girl. I ride every weekend and I would love to find a man who rides too but cant. It would be fun to do it together. Everyone I ride with is married and only one couple rides together and its great.

I guess Ill marry my bike too

Im must be lucky bc my g/f loves to ride with me.

She hasnt rode much singletrack with me, but she is excited to go more (praise jesus 😃 )

Even if she wasnt, she supports all my hobbies and never interferes with them so I should say Im blessed more than lucky.

HAHA well now if you ladies just all lived in Colorado we could ride together.. 😃

Correction* I guess Julia lives in Grand Junction but thats so far it might as well be Utah lol, are there good trails down there atleast? I would imagine they are pretty awesome!

Yes–Grand Junction/Fruita is considered by some to be the mountain bike capital of the world. We have some of the best trails. 😃 and yes we are VERY close to the Utah border.

Very nice! I didnt realize frutia/grand junction were the same area. I have heard nothing but good thigns about fruita, i think were heading down there this summer ill let u know and u can come ride some trail with us!

Or I should say maybe you can show us some of the trails lol

Sounds good Mike 😀

hard to belive that the ladies would have a hard time finding guys when the ratio is obviously more guys then girls… 😄 😄

Hey mesjulia, if I head out there next month I will definetly hit you up…

Time to rename the site ‘Singlestracks.com’ 😆

I think this would be a great place to have a dating site for people who love to mountain bike. Sounds like a plan Buddah–I often go to Colorado Springs as well. My sister lives there and her husband mountain bikes too.

one would think it wouldn’t be so hard to find a guy that bikes but it is. Most are married or have girlfriends already.

Yep–I agree.

Sorry kids didnt meant to spark a Match.com scenario, but it looks like maybe im not the only one in this boat!

Trek7k,
      maybe you should add marital status to the profile settings. 😃

Trek7K, very good idea ;)

Well, where else to look than on a mountain bike forum.

What if you met girls in oh, say, real life?

What is the real life of which you speak?

Not being married means you don’t have to buy ALL her food. Just saying. 😄 Later,

Haha Mike I’m in the same boat as you, thinking I’d love a gf who rides. My ex didn’t ride, I took her a few times but she didn’t seem interested, she hated when I went biking even though it was only on saturdays, and I didn’t entirely like being away from her half the day. So like you, I’m single now, wondering how to find a mountain biker gf :?:
      Like one person suggested, I ride the same trail, have been on hall ranch 3 out of the last 4 saturdays, I always see girls riding there, some with guys, some alone, some with other girls, so I figure there’s a decent chance of meeting one of them if I keep going and start seeing the same ones 😀
      This last time I was there me and this girl where coming opposite directions up to a technical section, I saw her well ahead of time and stopped to let her go through, she noticed and commended on my seeing her coming from a ways away, and I almost fell over cuz I couldn’t get my foot out of the pedal lol. Maybe I’ll purposely fall over next time to get her to stop 😉
      Thats part of what makes it hard I think, we’re always on the move, kinda hard to say hi to someone when you’re flying by in opposite directions.
      I’ve considered volunteering at some races too, that’d be a good way to meet people so you might look into that, like the Mountain States Cup races.
      Anyway, good luck to both of us in our quest 😆

I’m in the same boat. I would also love to meet a girl that rides. I actually see a lot of girls out on the trails. However, I don’t get a word in because they’re all faster than me 😢 lol

I have two friends whose wives are just as hardcore about biking as we are and I think that’s the coolest damn thing ever.

You don’t want a girl that rides. You need separate hobbies so you can spend time away from each other. I would shoot myself I my wife started riding.

"wbernest" wrote

You don’t want a girl that rides. You need separate hobbies so you can spend time away from each other. I would shoot myself I my wife started riding.

Tell us how you really feel about your wife!! ha ha.

My wife has just gotten into mountain biking and I couldn’t be happier. I will still go out and ride on my own, but it will also be nice to go for easier (at least for now) rides with her as a recovery ride. True, I do think you need time apart, but I also feel being able to share activities can be great for a couple.

"wbernest" wrote

As long as you both work at different places, I don’t see why even more time apart would be necessary….I’ve been married before and I would have given anything to share a hobby with my wife.

"eastwood" wrote

[quote="wbernest":13hq4vlz]You don’t want a girl that rides. You need separate hobbies so you can spend time away from each other. I would shoot myself I my wife started riding.

Tell us how you really feel about your wife!! ha ha.

My wife has just gotten into mountain biking and I couldn’t be happier. I will still go out and ride on my own, but it will also be nice to go for easier (at least for now) rides with her as a recovery ride. True, I do think you need time apart, but I also feel being able to share activities can be great for a couple.[/quote:13hq4vlz]

I agree with this statement. Sometimes, I enjoy the solitary bike ride, but others, I wish my wife and I rode together more often, as we do spend a lot of time apart during the week due to work.

I wish I could just find people my age (16) to ride with. Even better if they were girls. 😎

But they are all into shopping and the mall and boring stuff.

Not here in CO. There are lots of chick into mountain biking here, even teenage ones.

"maddslacker" wrote

Not here in CO. There are lots of chick into mountain biking here, even teenage ones.

Well that’s the problem. I live in Georgia. 😢

I have been reading this thread for a while and its just getting harder to stay silent… so to all the guys and gals out there wishing for an mtb partner of the opposite sex, don’t give up on looking places other than the trails! Even if they are not into mountain biking, but are still active and outdoorsy, you still have a chance! Showing or teaching someone how to mountain bike takes A LOT of patience, trust me, I’ve been there… one of you is always going to be faster or stronger. They are not going to start liking mountain biking overnight, and there may even be some yelling, broken bikes, cuts and bruises, but most relationships have their ups and downs. Anyways, look wherever you have to for your BF/GF, but don’t limit yourselves to the trails 😀 Happy Hunting!

"mudhunny" wrote

Showing or teaching someone how to mountain bike takes A LOT of patience, trust me, I’ve been there… one of you is always going to be faster or stronger.

Reading between the lines…did you teach trek7k how to mountain bike? 😮

"maddslacker" wrote

Reading between the lines…did you teach trek7k how to mountain bike? 😮

"mudhunny" wrote

They are not going to start liking mountain biking overnight, and there may even be some yelling, broken bikes, cuts and bruises, but most relationships have their ups and downs.

I think she beat him until he got a hang of it! 😄

ha ha guys! it was trek7k that taught me how to mountain bike! then he had to go and get a 29er, making it hard for me to keep up again!

i agree with Mudhunny, if they are outdoorsy they may want to get into mountain biking. I think it would be a great sport to share. Usually my sundays are spent biking and hanging out with my biking friends so it would be great to add a biking BF to the mix.

My girl just started riding with me this season, we had done a many greenway path rides with the trailers but know she is doing singletrack with me. We have riden Red Rocks Cyn open space and we have done trails at Palmer park. It definetly is blast for me because I get to share a passion of mine with her and she is not just doing it for me but also becasue she enjoys it. She is actually pretty impressed with her self having riden some of the stuff she didn’t think she would ride. She already had her first endo, nothing major she took it like a champ and wanted to keep climbing. I am VERY impressed with her and the terrain she has riden. We do friday after work rides together as long as we have a sitter. For those who know the trails out here next ride we are doing Palmer trail out and back (maybe section16 but we will definetly walk some of that 😀 )\

p.s
      Oh yeah, she is also signing up to join COSWMBA
      http://wmbacos.org/

This has turned into a very interesting read. Thanks for all the respones! I am leaning towards wanting a gal who rides and one who doesnt lol, both sides have valid points haha

"MtnBikeMike" wrote

This has turned into a very interesting read. Thanks for all the respones! I am leaning towards wanting a gal who rides and one who doesnt lol, both sides have valid points haha

Utah is also great for mountian biking. 😼

We had over 20 girls join us last year for one of our COMBA beginner rides! Most of them were just getting into mtn biking and/or working to improve their skills. A few were married and said their husbands didn’t have enough patience to teach them 😛 At most there were 4 guys 😉 The beginner rides are the 1st & 3rd Thurs each month, starting on May 5th this year in the Denver front range area, http://www.comba.org

Interesting, sounds like a good time either way! Id like to attend to opening of those new trails at Buffalo Creek too!

I’m the girl looking for the guy. I’m not having much luck, either.

I want someone to ride with to show me the ropes a bit, though.

Funny thing is, I just got out of a cast, and I may be riding with a brace for a while!

"lisaSinsane" wrote

Funny thing is, I just got out of a cast, and I may be riding with a brace for a while!

I broke my wrist back in September. I thought the same thing. But the doc said it wasn’t needed. Just ask you doctor.

As per someone showing you the ropes. It doesn’t matter if it is a significant other or just a friend, it is very helpful.

@ lisaSinsane: what city or state do you ride in???

I would have asked BUDDAH but she is probably a little old for a 16 year old. 😉

But the old ones do have the money! 😆 😄

"dozzerboy" wrote

I would have asked BUDDAH but she is probably a little old for a 16 year old. 😉

But the old ones do have the money! 😆 😄

Age they say is nothing but a number… 😆
      or so they say! Who is "THEY" I don’t know 😆 😆 😄

Haha! Well, ask whoever "they" are why they didn’t marry an 80 year old! 😆

Looks like the hook is set! Reel’em in slowly and have the net ready. Could be a new episode of River Monsters. LOL 😄 Later,

In short, you can get a girl to like you in 4 simple steps:

Have an abundance mentality. There are 7-8 billion people on this planet and if you treat her like she’s the only one, it shows how desperate you are.
      Don’t chase her, chase a better you. Trust me… having two people chasing each other is way more beautiful than one chasing the other. If a girl doesn’t like you, then change what you can and make yourself a better you.
      Basic hygiene and manners. It’s super simple to shower, shave, dress nice, and use common manners; and they go a long way!
      Understanding simple attraction skills. Getting people to like you is a skill, and like playing the piano or cooking a mean omelette, you can get better through perfect practice. Knowing attractive body language, how to flow a conversation, and nailing the trust factor are all keys to going from getting a girl to like you to eventually making her fall in love with you.

Hopin’, Scopin’, and Ropin’. =)

Simple, ride with groups like mountain biking clubs and internet biking groups. You get to talk at every break and after rides.

Hello, i wanna find such girl that likes such https://onlygirls.com/cute_dina videos as much as i do)
      What can you suggest for me? Guys, do you like to watch such videos? Please, share any ideas, i wanna to hear everything i can to find that special girl. Thank you all in advance. Hope that will work.

Holy thread revival, Batman!

I have been riding bikes both road and mountain all my life. I have been married for 33 years and I have never seen my wife on a bike. My point, you don’t have to have a partner that enjoys your hobbies or possibly your career as as long as they can support your interests. I have spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on bikes and equipment over the years and other than periodic looks and comments that appear to be questioning my sanity when I decide to ride in bad weather,  ride a trail that exceeds my skill level or drop a few thousand on a bike, all is good.

Some people ride to get some alone time from their significant other and their kids.

Lots of serious female riders in central Florida.  Bring your “A” or they will leave you in their dust.

With the legit dating apps today why not put that in the profile to get matches with other MTB junkies?? Make that a deal breaker. I know people have found their soulmates that way. Just a thought from a 55 yr old married guy of 32 years!! Haha!

Viewing 65 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.