With summer officially hitting the northern hemisphere Sunday, it’s time to gear up for enduro racing! Here’s a list of 9 of the most popular enduro race series, according to our recent survey, along with a list of all the upcoming enduro races on the Singletracks event calendar. Are we missing an enduro race on the list below? Add the race to the calendar using this form.
BC Enduro Series
The BC Enduro series is a 6-race series with stops at some of the best riding spots in British Columbia, including the Sunshine Coast, Rossland, and Vernon, BC. Riders earn points for each race, and series racers need to compete in 5 out of the 6 races to be considered for the final podium. Like many of the race series on this list, racers can choose to compete in all or just one of the races in the series.
Big Mountain Enduro
The Big Mountain Enduro has only been around for a few years but it’s already become the premier enduro series in the US. This year’s series will be held exclusively in Colorado with stops at Keystone, Winter Park, Crested Butte, and Aspen/Snowmass. The Crested Butte race will be a part of the Enduro World Series, which will draw even more riders to this popular race series.
California Enduro Series
The California Enduro Series got an early start on May 9 near Lake Tahoe with the Battle Born Enduro, which sold out in 3 days flat. Not only that, all the upcoming events are sold out for this year except the final race, the Kamikaze Games Enduro at Mammoth Mountain. If you missed sign-ups this year, be sure to register early for next year!
Eastern States Cup Enduro
Vittoria is sponsoring this year’s Eastern States Cup Enduro with 7 races from New Hampshire to Pennsylvania. Racers can expect plenty of rock and gnar throughout the series while riding some of the best trails the east coast has to offer. The next race in the series–the Attitash Mountain Enduro–happens this weekend in New Hampshire.
This European series has stops in Germany and Austria. The next race is July 4 at Wildschönau, where riders will race 6 special stages and spectators can use huts along the route to cheer on the racers.
Enduro World Series
The Enduro World Series is the big time when it comes to enduro racing, and each stop on the EWS is massive. This series is truly global with races in New Zealand, Ireland, Scotland, France, the US, Canada, Spain, and Italy this year.
Oregon Enduro Series
This four-race series splits time between the trails in the Bend and Mt. Hood areas in Oregon and offers “some of the most challenging terrain on the West Coast, and the views are some of the best in the world.” The Hood River race just happened this past weekend, but there are two more races coming up: Mt. Bachelor on August 23 and Mt. Hood September 12-13.
Scott Enduro Cup
The Scott Enduro Cup presented by Vittoria has just 3 stops, but boy are they excellent: Moab, Sun Valley (ID), and Park City (UT). This year’s enduro race in Sun Valley will be the first race ever held on the extensive backcountry trails located outside the resort.
UK Gravity Enduro Series
The UK Gravity Enduro series runs from May through September with the National Champs happening mid-way through the series in July. This year’s stops include the Forest of Ae, Hamsterly, and Machynlleth.
Ready to test yourself in an enduro race this year? Here’s a roundup of upcoming 2015 enduro races around the world from the Singletracks calendar.
- Jun 27: Scott Enduro Cup Series – Sun Valley (Sun Valley, Idaho)
- Jun 27: California Enduro Series Round 3 VP EnduroFest at China Peak (Lakeshore, California)
- Jun 27: Big Mountain Enduro: Aspen (Aspen, Colorado)
- Jun 27: Vernon & Silver Star Enduro (Vernon, British Columbia)
- Jun 28: Steel City Enduro (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania)
- Jun 28: Attitash Mountain Enduro (Bartlett, New Hampshire)
- Jul 4: Enduro One – Wildschönau (Wildschönau, Austria)
- Jul 11: California Enduro Series Round 4 Ashland Mountain Challenge (Ashland, California)
- Jul 11: Big Mountain Enduro: Keystone (Dillon, Colorado)
- Jul 12: Fernie Enduro (Kimberley, British Columbia)
- Jul 18: Gallatin Valley Enduro (Bozeman, Montana)
- Jul 18: Enduro World Series: Samoens (Samoëns, France)
- Jul 18: Raccoon Mountain Enduro (Chattanooga, Tennessee)
- Jul 26: Kananaskis Enduro (Kananaskis, Alberta)
- Jul 31: Big Mountain Enduro / EWS: Crested Butte (Crested Butte, Colorado)
- Aug 1: UK Gravity Enduro: Hamsterly (South Bedburn, United Kingdom)
- Aug 2: The Grand Enduro (Grand Targhee, Wyoming)
- Aug 2: Rossland Rubberhead Enduro (Rossland, British Columbia)
- Aug 8: Enduro One – Dünsberg (Dünsberg, Germany)
- Aug 9: Enduro World Series: Whistler (Whistler, British Columbia)
- Aug 15: Scott Enduro Cup Series – The Canyons (Park City, Utah)
- Aug 16: Whitefish Enduro (Whitefish, Montana)
- Aug 22: Enduro One – Ochsenkopf (Ochsenkopf, Germany)
- Aug 23: Oregon Enduro Series: Mt. Bachelor (Bend, Oregon)
- Aug 23: Trans Sovoie Big Alpine Enduro (Val d’Isere, France)
- Aug 29: Northstar Enduro (Lake Tahoe, California)
- Aug 29: UK Gravity Enduro: Ae Forest (Dumfries, United Kingdom)
- Sep 4: Big Mountain Enduro: Winter Park (Winter Park, Colorado)
- Sep 5: Enduro One – Wipperfürth (Wipperfürth, Germany)
- Sep 5: Retallack Lodge Enduro (New Denver, British Columbia)
- Sep 12: Oregon Enduro Series: Mt. Hood (Sandy, Oregon)
- Sep 19: UK Gravity Enduro: Eastridge (Shropshire, United Kingdom)
- Sep 20: Forest Lea Enduro (Pembroke, Ontario)
- Sep 20: Red Lodge Enduro (Red Lodge, Montana)
- Sep 20: Arkansas Enduro – Kessler Mountain (Fayetteville, Arkansas)
- Sep 24: Kamikaze Bike Games Enduro (Mammoth Lakes, California)
- Sep 25: EWS: Enduro Festival Zona Zero (Ainsa-Sobrarbe, Spain)
- Sep 25: Stanley Gap Enduro (Blue Ridge, Georgia)
- Oct 3: EWS: Superenduro (Finale Ligure, Italy)
- Oct 11: Arkansas Enduro Finale (TBD, Arkansas)
Which enduro races are you planning to race this year?