Susie Murphy is the executive director of the San Diego Mountain Bike Association and is also a board member with the California Mountain Biking Coalition.
- What is the San Diego Mountain Bike Association’s mission, and how are you organized?
- When and why did the SDMBA get its start?
- How long have you been with the SDMBA, and how did you get involved?
- Did the recent boom in mountain bike participation translate into SDMBA membership growth?
- What are some of the most popular trails your group helps support?
- Are there many opportunities for new trail builds in and around San Diego?
- Several years ago the chapter was pretty vocal about the bikes in wilderness issue. Why is or was that so important in your area, and where are we now?
- Do you think protesting can be an effective tool for mountain bike advocates?
- What does the current discussion around e-bike trail access look like for SDMBA?
- What’s the biggest constraint SDMBA faces in carrying out and growing the mission? I
- How does SDMBA work with the newly formed CA Mountain Biking Coalition? Do you think legislative lobbying is an effective way to increase MTB access?
- What’s next for SDMBA?
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes.
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter.