Travis Counsell is the executive director of the new England Mountain Bike Association, also known as NEMBA. He’s currently based out of Vermont.
In this episode, we ask:
- What is NEMBA’s mission and how large is your membership?
- How is NEMBA organized?
- How many miles of singletrack do NEMBA clubs support?
- When and why did NEMBA get its start?
- What were you doing before joining NEMBA?
- NEMBAfest is back for 2022. What will the festival look like this year?
- Did the recent boom in mountain bike participation translate into NEMBA membership growth?
- Given population density, are there many opportunities for new trail builds in the northeast?
- What are some ways you’ve been successful in countering folks who are against MTB trail access?
- How popular is fat biking in New England? Is fat bike grooming something that chapters devote a lot of resources to in the winter?
- What does the current discussion around e-bike trail access look like for NEMBA?
- What’s the biggest constraint NEMBA faces in carrying out and growing the mission?
- What’s next for NEMBA in 2022 and beyond?
Connect with NEMBA and learn more at nemba.org.