Are you and your wife/husband/significant other looking for an incredible way to spend the next two years? Well, the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew is hiring!
If you were to land the job, the two of you would get to travel the nation for two years in a Subaru Outback, shredding singletrack, teaching others how to build trail, and educating people about trail advocacy and the benefits of mountain bike trails to local communities.
Sound like a sweet gig? You bet it is! However, landing this job won’t be easy. Here are the qualifications that IMBA is looking for:
- Passion for mountain biking and trails, and a belief in sustainable trail design.
- A very strong relationship with your spouse/long-time significant other (who will be your partner in this job) and the ability to spend a great deal of time with each other.
- Experience working with volunteers. Volunteer supervision a plus.
- Experience public speaking, and excellent communication skills in general.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- Comfortable interacting in social settings where you don’t know anyone.
- Basic knowledge of trail design, construction and maintenance practices and techniques.
- Ability to ride at a high level, including technical trails, dirt jumps, bike parks and pump tracks. You will be required to do trail assessment, often by riding.
- A sense of adventure and a positive attitude.
- Flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to changing situations, and to accept that plans can change at the last minute.
- The ability to be comfortable, diplomatic and calm in contentious situations.
- Computer savvy: The ideal candidate will be proficient with Macintosh computers and software applications including Word, Excel, and Google platforms, as well as familiarity with social media platforms and basic photo editing software.
If, however, you fit the bill and are interested in this unique opportunity, check out the complete job description and submit a cover letter and your resumes before February 1st.
My dream job.