On this Episode
Mike Bush is the President of Stans, a brand whose founder Stan Koziatek pioneered the use of tubeless tires in mountain biking. Today the Stans brand designs and markets its own line of popular wheels and tubeless tire accessories to keep mountain bikers rolling.
For most mountain bikers, tubeless tire sealant is basically magic, and Mike gives us one of the best explanations we’ve heard for how the stuff actually works. Of course tire sealant is just one piece of the inflation puzzle, so we spend a lot of time talking about rims and also tires.
Is carbon a better material for building rims than aluminum? Are 30mm-wide rims becoming the standard? Listen in to hear the answers to these questions and more. There’s also additional info about the Stans brand at NoTubes.com.
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes.
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter.
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes