On this Episode
Greg Williams is the founder of the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship, a non-profit group based in California that’s dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of recreational trails. The group’s Connected Communities plan offers an innovative roadmap for bringing tourism through trails to former timber and mining towns.
We talk about how the group formed, and how their trail work is impacting the local economy. Greg shares some of the strategies the group has used to bring various trail user groups together that are applicable in other communities facing similar challenges. We also discuss the ways mountain bikers can help the trail communities they visit and how groups like the STBS measure success.
Learn more at sierratrails.org.
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes.
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter.
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes