On this Episode
Scott Nydam is a longtime bike racer who has been inspired to start a NICA program for youth in Gallup, New Mexico. The city borders the Navajo reservation, and Nydam hopes to create numerous opportunities for native kids, both in Gallup and on the reservation.
Vincent Salabye is the Diné comp NICA team head coach and board president of Silver Stallion bicycle and coffee works. He’s also a father of two kids and lives on the Navajo reservation.
The nonprofit Scott and Vincent support recently received a grant from the Outride Fund.
In this episode we talk about the challenges facing folks living on the reservation and how mountain biking fits in with efforts to serve the community.
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes