Went for my first ride on my new (to me) bike

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Just got a 2008 GF Tassajara in great condition a few days ago and the weather has been too wet to take it on any dirt trails… we have a paved trail through the woods about 20 miles in total that i went to ride today… only made it 3 miles before I got a flat tire 😢 . Anyways brought it to the lbs to get a tune up and tube replaced. Here are some pics of my bike and a couple bonus pics of my ride. Let me know what you guys think.

Looks good, I have the same FloPak. You should think about putting a tube, patches, pump, and multitool (with chain breaker, and tire levers), in it before you go out again.

i know i actually had a multitool with tire levers in my pack but i forgot my minipump and patch kit at home 😼

nice bike! have fun, that’s what its all about.

Welcome! Nice bike, and I’ll echo what others said. It’s all about having fun!

I used to live out in Selden while I went to grad school @ Stony Brook. Best singletrack on Long Island is out at Rocky Point. check out C.L.I.M.B. for trail info.

http://www.climbonline.org/

Yeah, definitely a nice ride, and it looks like it’s in a great condition after 2 years I’ve seen pretty beat up bikes. Anyway, the pics look sweet, and the fact that you can get out for 3 miles is still pretty gnarly. We also have a paved bike path in the vicinity, but I’ve yet to go more than a mile or so on it.

Nice Rig! Sorry about that flat, I carry two tube for paranoia when I am up in the deep mountains 😃 Good Luck!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.