Took My First Spill of the Season Fellas!!!!

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Just got back from riding!! Rode some singletrack for the first time this year and took a nasty spill on my right side!! LOLOLOL First one of the season, first bike wreck in lots of years!!!

P.S. Need some help fellas…when i wrecked, my handlebars, or i should say my stem, got out of line with my front wheel and frame. Now, if i hold my front wheel straight, my handlebars are to the left a little. Which allen bolt do i loosen to position my handlebars and headset back in line??

P.S.S. The singletrack at Watters Smith State Park here in WV sucks!!!

cjm

Took my first over the bars of the season on Friday. Went back to the same trail section on Sunday and ripped through the sidewall on the rear and pinch flatted the front. I stopped at the same spot on Friday to patch my ego that I did Sunday to patch my tubes.

"cjm" wrote

Took my first over the bars of the season on Friday. Went back to the same trail section on Sunday and ripped through the sidewall on the rear and pinch flatted the front. I stopped at the same spot on Friday to patch my ego that I did Sunday to patch my tubes.

excellent, welcome to the season fellas! its so weird living down here in the south, i’ve been biking for 6 months…

I put two official spills in the books last weekend in Canaan Valley, WV. One endo and one hip landing. There were some sketchy close calls too. I got through the weekend with no serious injuries or bike damage though.

No bike damage??? That’s great news dude!!! Especially in this economy!!!! LOLOLOL The way things are, i think having bodily damage would be cheaper and more affordable!!!

lol i had my first spill 2 or 3 weeks ago an ovb and landed on my left shoulder swore it dislocated and i coudlent move it was bad enough to go to the er and everything checked out fine i got my bill and it cost me 500 bucks 😮 i hate hospital bills

on the good side ive never been in and out of a hospital so quickly
      20 minutes!!!!

"NismoFreak69" wrote

on the good side ive never been in and out of a hospital so quickly
      20 minutes!!!!

Let’s see, that’s only $1,500 per hour. Seems reasonable. 😏

Glad you are okay.

"Mongoose" wrote

I agree with you 100% fleetwood, but even 20 minutes is a arm and a leg damn near when you visit a hospital emergency room, and God forbid the serious and out of control highway robbery if you get admitted. Think a good word for that would be "fleecing!"

highway robbery is the straight up truth… i only step foot in there when i KNOW i need to… last time was to get a cat scan for a concussion.

What counts as a spill? If there is no damage to the bike or me, does it count as a spill?

"brianW" wrote

What counts as a spill? If there is no damage to the bike or me, does it count as a spill?

Yes, judges, we need an official definition please. Shall we defer to Merriam Webster? Okay, here goes: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spill[2]

Hope that helps.

had my second of the season yesterday, got a little to wide on a turn hit the loose soft dirt/mud mix crap and over the bars I go. It was my fault I was trying to carry to much speed into the corner got wide and went for a spill, oh well I’m fine but more importantly my bike was fine.

"IATyler" wrote

oh well I’m fine but more importantly my bike was fine.

I’m diggin’ your priorities…

Been awhile, as the season here in the new stomping grounds doesn’t really end, unless it gets too hot…

I bled a little, but the bike was mostly fine. Minor scratch and a bent adjusting barrel on the rear disc caliper, and a broken bar-end. But… The GPS suffered. I scratched the screen! Darn it!

"fleetwood" wrote

[quote="IATyler":1plukrge]oh well I’m fine but more importantly my bike was fine.

I’m diggin’ your priorities…[/quote:1plukrge]

too true! i always jump right up and check my bike out first to make sure its ok, and then i figure i should see if i’m bleeding or not.

went riding a few weeks ago and almost lost it down a steep drop
      as a beginner i need to go back a little and build up to those badazz singletrack trails. but thawill have to wait i took a spill at work landed on my shoulder , xray showed nothing but pain assosiated with certain mnovements tells me somethings torn or something so i guess my follow up appointment will involve me demanding a MRI so they can tell me whats broken. better to get hurt at work then on the trail workers comp pays all the hosptal bills.

Took my first spill in awhile, skinned up an arm and had some good bruises. worse part of it was it was on a fairly easy part of the trail, no hill, nothing technical. Just cruizing thru, not really paying attention than BAM! Front tire went slightly of the lip of the trail into loose sand and down I went.

Only if someone sees me spill. 😃

Yesterday I took a big one…I was on an elevated skinny and dumb dumb me I started to look down and sure enough where your eyes go….So do you. Fell 5 feet straight down with the bike on the rear wheel (tried to Ryan Leech it for a save) but then the bike flew foward and me on my butt…That rung my bell!

Funny thing my buddy took a picture just before I went down. So it looked great.

"element22" wrote

Yesterday I took a big one…I was on an elevated skinny and dumb dumb me I started to look down and sure enough where your eyes go….So do you. Fell 5 feet straight down with the bike on the rear wheel (tried to Ryan Leech it for a save) but then the bike flew foward and me on my butt…That rung my bell!

Funny thing my buddy took a picture just before I went down. So it looked great.

Ouch! That had to hurt.

Funny, those skinnys terrify me. But a skinny trail on side of a cliff doesn’t. Must be a fear factor thing. 😕

First spill and it’s June? I must really suck. I usually take a spill every couple of rides, nothing bad though. I did take a nasty one back in April and I’m still recovering from that. Doc says…..Try not to use your right hand excessivley. I tell him…..okay, all the while thinking…I’m still going to ride and it’s going to be used excessivley. Doc did say it was going to take longer to heal if I did, guess he was right. The good thing about that spill, bike was OK!!

Viewing 19 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.