The Growth of Fatbiking in the Midwest

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      A friend made a comment the other night about how many fatbikes there are out in the wild now and I realized, that except for one race last year, I never rode with another soul all snow season. That’s sure changed in 12 months. Throughout the year I preached the doctrine of big tired cycles, all but ignoring the other mountain bikes hanging in the garage. This December of this year I had no shortage of fatbikin’ friends.

Read more here: http://www.wisconsinoutdoorfun.com/arti … |FRONTPAGE

Fatbiking continues to grow in leaps and bounds… I almost feel left out down here in the Southeast! While some people are trying to herald 650b as the current "big thing" in the world of mountain biking, IMO Fat Bikes are way bigger and way better!

I just got back from a trip to Colorado where we enjoyed some snoeshowing and Cross country skiing. All the while I was out there I kept thinking how great it would be to ride these same trails on a fatbike! I’m not sure I can justify one in Mid-Missouri . . . we don’t get enough snow and there is little sand to ride on, but I can definitely see me getting one in the future anyway.

the bike shop I go to has expoded with fatbikes. probably 1/4 of the avid mountain bikers in town have a fatbike. A lot of people even have sold their full suspension and only have a fatbike for mountain biking. we have a fatbike race coming up too[url]chippewaoffroad.org/events/powderkeg[/url]

Fat biking isn’t just for the winter! I rode one all summer last year. They are comfortable durable and a heck of alot of fun. Plus you can ride them anywhere. So of course I have two! 😃

Fat biking isn’t just for the winter! I rode one all summer last year. They are comfortable durable and a heck of alot of fun. Plus you can ride them anywhere. So of course I have two! 😃

I thought it was three! 😀
      And for you durable is a plus haha.

You should recognize my avatar photo

yeah,agree,A lot of people even have sold their full suspension and only have a fatbike for mountain biking. Image

Yes I do recognize the picture!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.