Set up a trainer

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I need more saddle time to maintain/improve my fitness level (road biking is not an option…I do not trust drivers). I am considering setting up a trainer for the winter. I do not want to go through replacing my rear wheel and tire each time I want to go out for a ride. Has anyone tried a SS trainer? I am dedicate an old bike with a simple 20 or 18t clog set-up. If so, any suggestions on a clog size?

I use a ss on a trainer maybe once every week or so. spend about 30 minutes on it. I do a 5-10 minute warm up and maintain a 90 rpm spin. After the warm up I do sprints, 30 seconds all out, 30 seconds recover at 90 rpm. I do this of 10-15 cycles then I cool down 5 or so minutes. I ride 36t-18t.

I have only been doing this 4-6 weeks so I do not have any long term effects as of yet to report. The last two weeks I have been skipping the cool down and been jumping on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

Thank you, Brian. During the warmer months, I ride 2-3 times per week. The cold and few daylight hours has cut my riding to 1-2 times. Night riding is fun, but lacks the intensity to maintain my fitness level. I am setting up a trainer in Jan. I think a 36/18 combo might be a good starting point.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.