Semi-slick for MTB? Need some opinions, please.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hello there!

Glad i found this forum, for i am a newbie in MTBing and any other kind of biking type in general…
      I’ve purchased a RockRider 8.0 from Decathlon a few months ago, but i found out i now ride mostly on asphalt/street. So, i want to get rid of my knobby tires and get another one so i can have a better ride on those pavements (also, my MTB is sometimes my transportation to university).
      I know changing wheels is the easiest way to go – always have one whell with a MTB tire and another one with a City Tire, but that is just too expensive to do right now, so i prefer to have some kind of semi-slick tire or hybrid…

What do you recommend for me? I wont use the tire under loose pavement at high speeds, but i will take the bike to some trails with some dirt.
      I thought about Kenda’s Small block eight. Do you have any other recommendation? Basically, i’m looking for a tire that rolls great on pavement (low rolling resistance), but not a completely slick tire , so i can ride in dirt as well. I have a Specialized Fast Trak Control in the front and the default one that came with the bike that is also from Decathlon’s own branding – bTwin, I think , in the rear. That tire is great for mud and dirt in general, but i guess i can have a better one for my kind of riding.

What do you guys think? I want to change the rear tire only at least for now… In the future, i can spend some more $ to buy another wheel (so i can swap easily the rear one) and probably another pair of wheel+tire for the front.

Also worth mentioning: i can have a great deal of 25€ on a Schwalbe’s Furious Fred. The thread pattern seems to be good for asphalt, but in their site they state it is not an all rounder and the risk of puncture is high (not good for street riding, right?).

That is it. Please help this newbie. 😀

Cheers!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.