Pro GRT DH race in Fontana won on a 29er

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I ignored this when I read it yesterday because I obviously thought it to be an April’s fools joke. Apparently it’s not! Just when the wheel size arguments amongst us began to cool down, this dude had to go and win a DH race on a 29er 😆

Word on the street is that the Fontana course is more mole hill than mountain so that would explain the choice of a trail bike. I still don’t know why he didn’t run the 26” version though. ..or even their new 29” Enduro (since he’s a Specialized rider). I’m thinking his DH bike had a major mechanical and he made due with what he had. I only say that because I’ve ridden the same bike (my stumpy fsr comp 29) at a couple different DH parks and would never choose it over a 26” bike for that type of riding.

[url:3f3sggp3]http://www.mbaction.com/main/news/f1695fba-6576-458f-8af3-e7840625600a.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MbaNewsFeed+(MBA+News+Feed)[/url:3f3sggp3]

This is pretty awesome!! 29ers represent!

Now everyone will have to admit that 29er’s are the best hands down!!! 😆 😏 😆

Have fun reading all the comments haha

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Opinion-Mi … -Bike.html

I say good for him, he picked the bike that had the best chance of winning the race specially with all the pedaling …

MTI

Wow and 29’er won a DH. Luck. I guess you guys deserve your day (singular) in the sun.

WOW….. 😆

"MTI" wrote

Wow and 29’er won a DH. Luck. I guess you guys deserve your day (singular) in the sun.

😆 funny

Which proves that its not a bike, but a rider won a race. Kinda like in one video two freeriders went riding carbon XC race bikes somewhere in Canada.
      Still glad to see this since I ride Stumpy too.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.