Nutrition bars…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Hey. I was just wondering if anyone eats nutrition bars on their rides and can recommend the good tasking ones. lol. I heard Clif Bars are good, I tried a chocolate chip and thought it was quite disgusting.

Any good bars out there?

cliff bars are quite disgusting, I like Nature’s Valley

Look into shots and gels..less chewing more oomph and electrolytes. You can ingest them while on the move, one handed, without leaving trash or choking on a nut or raisin. Cheers

I just started useing cytomax powder drink mix on the account I cant stand those bars,they just sit in the stomach and act like dead weight even if I drink a bunch of water with them.The cytomax has a good mixture of calories,electrolytes,vitemins,etc…and it tatses good and saitiates well.

As far as bars go I love Supreme Protein, they taste like candy bars. I like the Accel gels when it comes to gel packets. The kiwi strawberry flavor is really good. As far as a drink goes, I like Cytomax because it does a good job at buffering the lactic acid that builds up in your legs. In other words, you don’t get sore muscles the next day after a hard ride.

The Cytomax is good, but not so much in the Fruit Punch Flavor. I’ve run into some guys on the trail that mix a protein shake (Muscle Milk) in a bottle that they kept in their pack. They said that it split the difference between actual eating and sports drinks. The Cliff bars are really only good in Peanut Butter but I have tried the Snickers Marathon bars. They taste very good but I didn’t really compare all of the ingredients….

I like Nature’s Valley

I like the natures velley commercial with the pretty girl mountain biking up here in elk mountain of colorado,it’s a really,really,really coool commercial.has anyone else seen the commercial?

Snikers bars are the ones I bring. They have about the same carbs and calories then those "power bar" things, cost less and taste better.

FEAST!

"theeraser21" wrote

cliff bars are quite disgusting, I like Nature’s Valley

yeah i like nature valley, and fiber one bars are pretty good too.

That commercial is sweet. Anything that highlights mountain biking on a national level and identifies it with "nature" and health is good in my book. Does anyone know where that actual trail is and how to get there (or was it shot in multiple locations)???

yeah the natures valley commercial is awesome

Unfortunately I have to disagree with the statements about Clif Bars being disgusting, but that’s just my opinion, I enjoy the fact that they use organic ingredients. If you want to give them another shot, try the Builder Bars, they have 20g of protein 😉

On the other hand though, I do believe that the Powerbars are the ones that are truly disgusting, but I’ve only tried one of them and haven’t given them a fair enough chance on the taste issue.

Sport Jelly Beans by Jelly Belly would be one of my substitutes, They have a good flavor, and give you that boost of energy that’s needed to finish your long ride.

Agreed, Powerbars are disgusting mostly due to the texture rather than the flavor.

Clif Bars aren’t bad to me, especially since they taste like real food (unlike some of the others). My personal favorites are the Cookies & Cream and Mint Chocolate Chip – delicious (when I’m starving on the trail).

Lara Bars are also tasty – chock full of dried fruit and grains – try the cherry ones if you’re into that sort of thing. Luna Bars are too sweet for my tastes but some folks like them.

There are tons of choices available these days – just grab one of each and do your own trail taste test before you decide to buy a whole box.

The Nature Valley commercial rocks and the biker bunny is hot. Talk about beautiful scenery. I really wanna ride that tail…I meant…uh…trail.

"steve32300" wrote
      I like Nature’s Valley

I like the natures velley commercial with the pretty girl mountain biking up here in elk mountain of colorado,it’s a really,really,really coool commercial.has anyone else seen the commercial?

I’ve got to say, I just saw that commercial about 15 minutes ago, and it was definitely worth rewinding the DVR once to watch again. Hey what can I say, anything that has to do with MTB "catches" my attention 😉

I personally prefer (and quite honestly have fallen in love with) Metrx Big 100
      brand power bars. They’re quite expensive (about $3.10 ea) but man they’re good! My favorite is the chocolate chip cookie dough. Yes, it actually tastes like cookie dough! These bars are jam packed with all kinds of vitamins, minerals, and protein to boot. They’re actually a meal replacement bar and they do a great job of making for a quick trail lunch. Try em!

I have to revisit this because I made a point to try some of the differrent Cliff Bars. If you haven’t had the chance you need to try the "White Chocolate Macadamia Nut". That one is rollin’….. Also, the Choc. Brownie Cliff bar was good and several others were decent. I also tried, on recommendation from the guy at Vitamin Shoppe, the "Supreme Protein" bar in Peanut Butter Crunch (yellow wrapper). It was tasty…

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.