Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Ive been a fan of this site for about a year now, finally decided to actually join and make a post..lol. My wife and I are both 58 years old, and ride dirt trails as often as we can. Anywhere from 30 to 80 miles a week. Only been riding trails for about 6 months, but have been a road cyclist for years. Our favorite is woods night riding. To many road bikes being hit by vehicles in our area. So for Christmas i bought us both new 2018 MTB’s, complete with front/rear lights, computers, new MIPS helmets, Camelbak hydration packs, and a bunch of other accessories. My road bikes are all Treks, so i stayed with the brand for out mtb’s. I got her a womans X Caliber 7, and for me I got a Stache 7.. Both 2018 models. Cant wait for holidays to get over so we can ride. We are also going to build our own singletrack trail through our 97 acers of wooded property. Hoping to get a least a 5 to 10 mile trail. 2018 is gonna be a awesome mtb year. Happy New Year everyone.. BJ and Debbie..

Very cool.

Glad to hear more enthusiastic bikers are joining! Best of luck with your new gear and would love some follow up posts or pictures with your single track that’s a very cool project!!

Happy Holidays!

Forgot to mention.. Went ahead and had both bikes set up tubeless.. lol. First time for everything… BJ

Way to go BJ on the bike purchases … … and 30-80 a week … … you’re killing it.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and yours.  Look forward to hearing more about you and your wife’s adventures.

LOL.. Thanks… We dont do bad for a couple of old riders. Its actually funny, we have friends half our age that wont ride with us cause we ride “to far”..lol. I told my wife she needs to stop telling people we invite to ride with us how many miles we plan on riding. I said next time that ask ” how far you riding”, to tell them “not far just a couple 2 or 3 hours”…lol

Stoked you’ve been enjoying the website! I hope you have a very happy New Year!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.