Home Fitness Equipments

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Excellent article. I have slowly been trying to create my own little home gym with basic core/calisthenics equipment. Stability ball, a few choice sizes of dumbbells, and more resistance bands than I can count along with a door mount for them. Oh and a Burn Machine (might be the most effective and exhausting single piece of equipment I have ever purchased).

Really like having my own gym in my basement. I have a good treadmill, assortment of kettle bells, and lifting machine,even a rope to climb on my deck. Some other various equipment, but the ones listed are what I use most. I like having my own stuff because I can grunt and strain without other people watching me and at every gym I’ve been to there is always the guy that wants to talk more than lift, not that I don’t like people, but not the right time for socializing

Wait… where did the original post/article go? Or do I just need a better phone lol

"craigasaurus" wrote

Wait… where did the original post/article go? Or do I just need a better phone lol

It was a spam post and was removed. I can leave y’alls comments here though if you’d like.

Years ago, I traded in one of my old bikes to a used sports equipment re-seller (like Playitagainsports.com, or other similar place) for a used Bowflex XLT home gym. That was the best trade in ever.

I also use my wife’s stability ball sometimes. I will soon be getting a nice running treadmill.

I purchased my first stationary bike off of craigslist back in december (1984 Schwinn XR-8) with 238 miles on it in absolutley perfect condition. It cost me $10!! I also have a knock off bowflex by weider that I payed $75 for off of craigslist also!

I have a mag trainer for my bike, but don’t use it much, since we have great weather here. Its great for when I want to spin for a bit but don’t have the chance to go out for a ride.

the home gym has been used a lot lately. The weather has not been good for about 2 weeks freezing rain with snow on top, down trees and very wet trail. Glad I have it or would be sitting around doing nothing. Race coming up in a month can’t afford to get lazy now.

I have just enough equipment to keep my entire body engaged along with my trainer for the bike and a treadclimber for cardio.

The problem with working out at home for me is there are too many distractions to prevent me from getting a good workout. I am retired military and live near a military installation so I have access to a few gyms for free and when I go there I know I am going to have a good workout. Plus some of the scenery is nice.

I do still workout at home but it don’t get the results I do when I go else where.

PS. The treadclimber makes a good clothes hanger.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.