Front tires

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am looking for a new front tire.

26" tire hard tail with Dart 2 fork (kind of a stiff fork, not plush).

I am currently running a front specific tire from Maxxis. It is an older tire and I don’t think it hooks very well. I run a high roller 2.1 on the back. I’m 200# and have tried many pressures but it doesn’t have that hooked feeling.

On my other bike, with a super plush front fork and rear suspension I really like the WTB Velociraptor. Great front tire.

What are you guys running for front tires? I ride mostly hard packed and rocks. I don’t really want a heavy front tire for this bike.

i run irc trailbears 2.25 front and back. i have never had any problems staying hooked up. im 175lbs. i run 27psi up front and 30psi rear. seem to be great tires. only con i can say is they are pretty heavy. and don’t forget to let r rip 😃

Try Panaracer Dart front is directional, old design but works well. 😄 Later,

I usually ride hard pack too. I run a Kenda Nevegal 2.35 up front, which is really beefy, and a Panceti Quasi moto 2.o on the rear…. I perfer to have a little "squish" up front for additional roll over, and keep the rear planted and churning…

I’ve been riding WTB Velociraptors for 5 years and have only just switched to Geax AKA (watch for an upcoming review on the Singletracks blog)

Anyway, grab the ‘race’ version of the Velociraptor front. It’s not as heavy as the wire bead, and it has the traction of a tractor tire.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.