found a new riding partner

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

my wife…..
      Unicio gap
      on the first downhill
      looking up the Chattahoochee
      awards after her first ride (15 miles) since high school, a large meatball and onion pizza and a pitcher of Fat Tire at the Nacoochee Village Tavern.

i dragged my girlfriend out onto a trail once and that was it. congrats!

Awesome. So, eh – does she want to go again?

That’s great! So what’s next for you two, FATS?

We rode 7 miles of the Augusta canal tow path Thursday night. Which was her idea. She was thinking of riding with the "Fat Tire Foxes", the Sorba-CSRA ladies group, on Saturday but things came up. Bartram will most likely be her first singletrack which in my opinion is a very great place to bring a new rider.

Awesomeness.

Riding with your lady: awesome.

Her first ride a nice mostly downhill ride in the mtns: awesome.

You still riding and enjoying the SSed Trek – awesome.

I agree that Bartram is where you should take her next. Get her used to singletrack there before going to FATS where there’s more speed and climbing.

That is just awesome!

Hmmm, I can’t see the pics. Anyway, very cool.

Very nice! I’ve gotten to do a couple rides with my wife recently, which was fun! 😀

Brian…….DO NOT ever let her get away……EVER!

After almost 16 years of being married to my best friend and love of my life, Never let her go.

ps this week she bought bike shorts and looked at a few bikes. the one she rode was mine. Frame is a bit big for her.

"brianW" wrote

After almost 16 years of being married to my best friend and love of my life, Never let her go.

ps this week she bought bike shorts and looked at a few bikes. the one she rode was mine. Frame is a bit big for her.

Sounds like you’ve got her hooked!

what’s ur secret? please…. tell me…. tell me!!!! pleeease!!!!

I used to tell my wife how much fun MTBing was and she would only do "family rides". A year later, she is riding on singletracks by herself as part of her exercice routine.
      Last Friday she "told" me to get a better bike (mine kept breaking). She went with me to the LBS and encouraged me to go one level up than what I had my eye on. I walked out of the shop with a GF Superfly.

I love my wife!!!

Like to hear more spouses riding togther.

She told you to buy one level up? You’re a lucky man!

Great seeing others who ride with their spouses. Mine has come from no interest to owning a roadie, hardtail and a 29er. She now loves riding! The key is riding at their pace. Never rushing and for the sake of your relationship NEVER coach. Answer what she/he asks but let others from group rides do the coaching. Make it fun for them and you’ll hook them

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.