"Don’t trust anyone over 30…

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

to understand that rain is wet.", says IMBA.

Forgive me if it was posted already, but this April Fool’s posting from IMBA was pretty cool:

Only Ride 650b, 29er or Fat bikes in Wet Weather. There’s no excuse for being caught out in the rain on an antiquated 26-inch rig,
      If you’re in your thirties or forties and entering your golden years of cycling — you may not have the skillz or the bike you need to ride in wet weather,

Ride in the wet? Not with my old joints!!!!!

"fozzie" wrote

Ride in the wet? Not with my old joints!!!!!

One of my riding buddies tells me that all the time and it annoys me to no end! Just don’t crash! 😆

"jtorlando25" wrote

[quote="fozzie":1dvyznvt]Ride in the wet? Not with my old joints!!!!!

One of my riding buddies tells me that all the time and it annoys me to no end! Just don’t crash! 😆[/quote:1dvyznvt]

Haha, it’s easy to tell when someone isn’t old enough to comprehend the accelerated deterioration of a person’s body as they hurtle toward the light at the end of the tunnel.

It’s not a crash that would hurt. It’s the fact that our knee joints have been slowly ground to a fine powder over the decades and inclement weather can worsen the pain.

"schwim" wrote

[quote="jtorlando25":2hehcg94][quote="fozzie":2hehcg94]Ride in the wet? Not with my old joints!!!!!

One of my riding buddies tells me that all the time and it annoys me to no end! Just don’t crash! 😆[/quote:2hehcg94]

Haha, it’s easy to tell when someone isn’t old enough to comprehend the accelerated deterioration of a person’s body as they hurtle toward the light at the end of the tunnel.

It’s not a crash that would hurt. It’s the fact that our knee joints have been slowly ground to a fine powder over the decades and inclement weather can worsen the pain.[/quote:2hehcg94]
      ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhhh there’s that too 😄

The bit I hate the most about the cold and rain is my hands turning into blocks of ice. The rest of my body just puts up with it, my hands whine like a big girl! It’s different when I run in crap weather, I just curse myself a lot and push on 😀

Too old? Put !some wd40 on those joints and go have fun

I am way over the thirty hell I can hardly remember what I was doing at thirty. Most likely I was abusing my mind and body without a thought of what it might do to me in my fifties. But was it worth it hell yes I would do it again and again. But to the statement dont trust anyone over thirty. Well I dont trust anyone at any age.

"fozzie" wrote

The bit I hate the most about the cold and rain is my hands turning into blocks of ice. The rest of my body just puts up with it, my hands whine like a big girl! It’s different when I run in crap weather, I just curse myself a lot and push on 😀

Just buy better gloves. If you don’t find cycling gloves you like there’s motorcycle and ski choices, 3 finger ‘lobster’ gloves and more. All I use is a merino liner under my autumn glove for the coldest days, but the coldest days in AZ are mild. Then there are the battery warmed gloves and chemical heat packs. As a slim desert rat skier even Jackson Hole and Fernie wasn’t cold when dressed right.

"abegold" wrote

[quote="fozzie":3pa5y1ey]The bit I hate the most about the cold and rain is my hands turning into blocks of ice. The rest of my body just puts up with it, my hands whine like a big girl! It’s different when I run in crap weather, I just curse myself a lot and push on 😀

Just buy better gloves. If you don’t find cycling gloves you like there’s motorcycle and ski choices, 3 finger ‘lobster’ gloves and more. All I use is a merino liner under my autumn glove for the coldest days, but the coldest days in AZ are mild. Then there are the battery warmed gloves and chemical heat packs. As a slim desert rat skier even Jackson Hole and Fernie wasn’t cold when dressed right.[/quote:3pa5y1ey]

Got seal skins now, warm! Couldn’t wear lobster gloves, my mates would reel off the Zoidberg jokes double time!!!

"fozzie" wrote

[quote="abegold":fqunhe6n][quote="fozzie":fqunhe6n]The bit I hate the most about the cold and rain is my hands turning into blocks of ice. The rest of my body just puts up with it, my hands whine like a big girl! It’s different when I run in crap weather, I just curse myself a lot and push on 😀

Just buy better gloves. If you don’t find cycling gloves you like there’s motorcycle and ski choices, 3 finger ‘lobster’ gloves and more. All I use is a merino liner under my autumn glove for the coldest days, but the coldest days in AZ are mild. Then there are the battery warmed gloves and chemical heat packs. As a slim desert rat skier even Jackson Hole and Fernie wasn’t cold when dressed right.[/quote:fqunhe6n]

Got seal skins now, warm! Couldn’t wear lobster gloves, my mates would reel off the Zoidberg jokes double time!!![/quote:fqunhe6n]

The right gloves can make all the difference in any type of riding. A brisk/chilly day on my motorcycle can be made to feel twice as cold if I grab my summer gloves instead of my winter ones 😆

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.