desert spring

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

It’s hit here in Tucson. Flowers are starting to pop and temps in the 80s today. It won’t be a great flower year but will be a good one. We recieved good winter rains but not autumn ones that are needed for the best shows.
      Tired of the cold? 😆

Yes, very tired of the cold and ready for spring! I know it doesn’t get very cold here in GA, but personally I’d have cold and snowy so I could downhill ski instead of this inbetween crap.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Yes, very tired of the cold and ready for spring! I know it doesn’t get very cold here in GA, but personally I’d have cold and snowy so I could downhill ski instead of this inbetween crap.

Ha, that’s what you would think. But last week I got a snow day from work and called the local ski resort and they where "Closed due to in-climate weather", what the hell! A ski resort is closed because it is snowing!

I never tire of the cold, but I do like dry trails to ride on.

Abe,
      I may be headed your way during my son’s spring break–may hit you up for some ride recommendations.

"Stl_Greaser" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":22eyeu22]Yes, very tired of the cold and ready for spring! I know it doesn’t get very cold here in GA, but personally I’d have cold and snowy so I could downhill ski instead of this inbetween crap.

Ha, that’s what you would think. But last week I got a snow day from work and called the local ski resort and they where "Closed due to in-climate weather", what the hell! A ski resort is closed because it is snowing![/quote:22eyeu22]

That’s in Missouri though! 😆 people in Colorado (or Wisconsin) know how to handle snow. Saw a post on FB a couple weeks ago that the ski hill I grew up going to which is normally open Fri, Sat, Sun opened spontaneously during the week due to all the local schools having a snow day. 😃

Up here in NH it is snowing again this morning, but not real snow… just a dusting to be anoying. We also are in between where we have some decent spring skiing at SOME hills whereas most have frozen patchy crusty crap that is no fun to ride on… especially at the price of lift tickets now-a-days.

No biking or boarding really sux!

Had a nice 70 degree ride here in Northern California yesterday! Expensive to live here,but a nice payback to be able to ride all year!

Abe,
      I may be headed your way during my son’s spring break–may hit you up for some ride recommendations.[/quote]
      Just let me know which towns you’re hitting. Know Tucson best but riding Gold Canyon Sunday, east of Phoenix, may be AZ most fun trails.

"abegold" wrote

It’s hit here in Tucson. Flowers are starting to pop and temps in the 80s today. It won’t be a great flower year but will be a good one. We recieved good winter rains but not autumn ones that are needed for the best shows.
      Tired of the cold? 😆

Not fair.

Must have pictures for maximum salt in the wound effect. 😆

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.