colorado trails

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I am looking to try mountain bike trails in Colorado. This is new to me. 3-5 day bikepacking adventure. Can anyone recommend trails, a site, or anything to help plan this trip? Thank you so much.

I haven’t ridden in Colorado, but this website has a TON of great information on trails all over the country and beyond. If I was going to Colorado, I’d start here…

https://www.singletracks.com/Colorado-bike-trails_6.html

Have a great trip and happy trails!

Check out SanJuanHuts.com.  San Jaun Huts does hut to hut bikepacking from Durango to Moab or Telluride to Moab.  I’ve done both rides and had a great time.  Using their huts makes bikepacking super easy for beginners.

Colorado is so wide-open with possibilities, its hard to single out one particular place. Crested Butte is on everyone’s list, somewhat calendar dependent due to elevation. Grand Junction/Fruita area is drier, lower elevation and also near Moab. Then there are Breckenridge, Durango, Eagle, etc., etc.

Here’s a good article to get you started: https://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-trails/top-5-mountain-bike-destinations-in-colorado/

If I lived somewhere else and could only ride for 5 days in Colorado ….. first I would probably cry, then I would go straight to Crested Butte without a second thought.

I’ve always thought when I finally made it out west for a trip to ride I’d go straight to Moab, but in the past year or two, the more I read about and see photos of Crested Butte, the more I am leaning towards going there instead.

SanJuanHuts looks like got good stuff to offer, especially for beginners.

If you have the conditioning and strength, then my opinion is the San Juans Mountains and the Colorado Trail, hands down.  Great riding and the most spectacular country in Colorado.  Don’t miss the drive from Montrose > Ouray > Silverton > Durango.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.