Any good Downhill tracks in South California?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi guys,

I`m planning to move to California this summer from London, UK.
      Will bring my bike with me, but I couldn`t find any good Downhill tracks near LA. Does anyone know a good track with uplift service there? Let`s say within an hour drive from Pomona or Covina. I hope You can give me some ideas where to go when I`m there.

Cheers,
      Tibor

Hey Tibor! I live in Florida but was in Laguna Beach last fall for work and rode Aliso Creek, http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails … anyon.html. It’s not lift service or a "bike park" per se, but has really gnarly downhill runs carved out of the rocky mountain side and it’s only about 40 minutes from Covina. Plus it’s 5 minutes from beautiful Laguna Beach, a great place to spend the day or weekend. I will say the climbing was quite brutal, especially for this Florida boy, but it didn’t take long to get my lungs in check.

Check it out, it’s worth the trip. Oh, if you go, make sure you ride the Car Wreck section. It’s pretty nasty!

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. That area looks nice, but to be honest, I`m looking for something more serious downhill. I`ve got a GT DHi with Boxxer, so don`t really wan`t to climb uphill. I don`t mind pushing a bit, but prefer not to 😀

I think I will go to Laguna Beach at least once. If I don`t like it, I can still have a rest at the beach 😀

If anyone else has an idea where to go, feel free to post it here.
      Thanks.

So Cal just has to many places’ to ride to list here. I know, I’m from here and been riding MTB since 91. Since Your riding a downhill bike, most if not all the trail’s you ride will involve 2 vehicles ,or, someone willing to drop you off at the top then pick you up at the bottom, with 1 vehicle.
      Laguna Beach – Top of the World . Hit the trail called Telonics. About a 5min run. It’s a shuttle run.
      Fontana – Google , " SouthridgeUSA.com . plenty of 2-5min runs there to do. Since it is used for downhill races put on by them.
      Pasadena – "JPL" Windsor ave. exit off the 210 fwy. Brown mtn. to El Prieto trail. It’s a loop. Can be done on a downhill bike. Used to do it all the time. Haven’t rode it since it opened back up.

LA county , Orange county , Riverside county , San Bernadino county. Plenty of places for You.
      And if you going to be living there , then there is always Mammoth Mtn. in summer 5-6 hrs. away.

Start calling some of the bike shops for place’s to ride. Or check out Socaltrailriders.org , Socalmtb.com

Noble Canyon is a 3000′ descent in 7 miles. 60 miles west of San Diego, but this has been a very dry year there. This one IS fun. there are others nearby but I’ve not ridden them.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.