Ryan Standish is a professional mountain bike racer from Australia who is currently living in the US. In addition to competing in top level mountain bike and gravel races, he’s also working to raise awareness for Multiple Sclerosis.
In this episode, we ask:
- How long have you been riding mountain bikes? How old were you when you realized you were fast?
- How did you end up in the US after growing up in Alice Springs, Australia?
- How did you qualify for the World Cup XC and short track races in West Virginia this year?
- Why did you decide to wear jorts in the races?
- What is it like to race in the World Cup? How is it different from the other races you’ve competed in?
- What type of race or ride do you like the most? Do you prefer sprint formats like short track, or longer races like gravel grinders and stage races?
- How are you able to recover with so many back-to-back races?
- How did you get involved in raising awareness for MS?
- What’s your favorite place to ride? Do you have a favorite trail?
- Are you a good cook? Do you tend to eat healthy during the race season?
- What’s next on your 2021 race calendar? What are your goals outside of racing?
Follow Ryan on Instagram @ryanstandwich and keep up with him online at RyanStandish.com.
This episode is sponsored by Gloworm Lites.
Gloworm is a mountain bike light brand founded almost a decade ago by two mountain bikers in New Zealand, and today the company offers some of the highest quality bike lights on the market – Including Bluetooth control and complete customization through their app. Gloworm’s complete line of lights start at 1200 lumens and range up to a blinding 3600 lumens, all at reasonable prices.
Save 15% off all light systems on the Gloworm website with the coupon code SINGLETRACKS2021. Shop for lights at glowormlites.co.nz