3. Lapierre DH – 32 Top Ten Finishes
To be honest, Lapierre isn’t a brand I’m personally familiar with, and likely many Americans are in the same boat. They make a full range of bikes and are available in the States, but they’re a rare sight on the hill. Looking at the geometry, the Lapierre DH is a bit behind the times compared to the rest of the bikes on the list. Its angles are steeper, its bottom bracket is higher, and its wheelbase is shorter. But seeing as how they are no longer sponsoring a World Cup team, there’s probably no impetus to update it.
- 26″ wheels
- Aluminum frame
- Team Lapierre International races on 27.5″ wheels at the end of the season
- Team Lapierre International uses a 27.5″ version of the bike for the entire year
- Lapierre releases 27.5″ version of the DH to consumers
- Lapierre ends its sponsorship of World Cup DH racing
Standout result: After coming so close to the top step of the podium, Loic Bruni gets his first elite level win at the 2015 World Championships.
Best season: Loic Bruni had 9 top ten finishes during the 2015 season.
Please just put this all on one page. Please.
Wow…a LOT of time and research went into this. Great article Aaron…thanks!!
Thanks dude! It quickly became a massive undertaking.