6. Trek Session – 27 Top Ten Finishes
As one of the “Big 3” bike manufacturers, Trek doesn’t exactly need an introduction. The company is no stranger to winning races in any cycling discipline – mountain, road, and even cyclocross. Their bikes have also excelled in the freeride arena under riders like Brandon Semenuk, Brett Rheeder, Cam McCaul, and Ryan Howard, to name a few. While Trek may lack some of the cachet of more “boutique” brands, their bikes ride really well.
- 26″ wheels
- Carbon frame
- Trek World Racing team tests 27.5″ version of the Session
- Trek releases a 27.5″ Session to consumers
- Available in either carbon or aluminum
- Trek also offers a Session Park, which uses 26″ wheels
- Trek drops the 26″ Session from their line
Standout result: While I didn’t include women’s race results while calculating the rankings on this list, I would be remiss if I neglected to mention Rachel Atherton’s perfect 2016 season. Perfect as in she won all seven World Cup rounds, and then, as the cherry on top, she also won the World Championships–her fourth time doing so. Absolutely ridiculous.
Best season: Aaron Gwin wins four of seven World Cup rounds to take the overall title in 2012.
Please just put this all on one page. Please.
Wow…a LOT of time and research went into this. Great article Aaron…thanks!!
Thanks dude! It quickly became a massive undertaking.