IMBA recently announced title sponsorship for a new US-based, national enduro race series, titled, appropriately enough, the IMBA National Enduro Series. The new series will include 6 stops, with racers vying for a national title based on points accrued during the series. The total prize purse for the series is expected to be $12,000, with equal payouts for both men and women. While the North American Enduro Tour is already a popular enduro race series, until now there hasn’t been a national, US-only enduro series competition.
The schedule includes stops all across the USA, and each event is an Enduro World Series qualifier.
- May 20: Ellsworth O-rock Epic Enduro (Big Cedar, OK)
- May 27: Big Mountain Enduro Santa Fe (Santa Fe, NM)
- June 24: North American Enduro Cup (Kellogg, ID)
- July 1: Clif Enduro East Killington Green Mtn by Vittoria ESC (Killington, VT)
- July 23: USA Cycling Enduro National Championships (Snowshoe, WV)
- August 26: California Enduro Series – Northstar Enduro (Truckee, CA)
As the title sponsor, IMBA plans to use the race series to work with local clubs at each race venue to raise awareness and increase participation. Not only that, each stop will include a volunteer trail work day around the time of the race.
More info at NationalEnduroSeries.com.