Length: 4 mi (6.4 km)
Elevation: +392/ -400 ft
Total: 44 riders
Mountain Biking Mud Pond Loop
#19 of 138 mountain bike trails in Vermont
The Mud Pond East loop was built in the fall of 2002 by the Fellowship Of The Wheel
for the town of Williston. This a 3 mile loop, with an additional extension 1.5 mile
loop on the southern side that was added during the 2003 season. The lower half of the Mud Pond loop is a great place for beginning mountain bikers to get accustomed to single-track. The upper half of the loop is intermediate with some more challenging sections. The top (highest point) of the Mud Pond East Loop also marks the beginning of the Lake Iroquois connector which is approximately 6 miles of fun challenging single-track which ends at the Lake Iroquois parking lot.
Map of Mud Pond Loop
First added by Asfyxiate on Apr 9, 2008. Last updated May 7, 2020. → add an update
Before you go
- Drinking water: unknown
- Lift service: unknown
- Night riding: unknown
- Pump track: unknown
- Restrooms: unknown
- Fat bike grooming: unknown
- E-bikes allowed: unknown
- Fee required: unknown
This trail information is user-generated. Help improve this information by suggesting a correction.
* From I-89 Exit 12 - Williston/Hinesburg
* Northbound Exit - Right on to Route 2A North.
* Southbound Exit - Left on to Route 2A North.
* Go 0.7 miles on 2A North.
* Turn right on Route 2 East (go 2.2 miles)
* Turn right at stop sign on to Oak Hill Road ( go 0.2 miles)
* Turn left at South Road ( go 1.9 miles).
* Turn right on Mud Pond Road (go 0.1 miles) to parking area on right.
* From parking area backtrack on South Road 0.1 miles till you see
small wooden bridge over the drainage ditch, on your right with yellow sign/ black arrow at trailhead.