The Los Robles Trail system is in the Conejos Open Space and encompasses nearly 2000 acres. It traverses several other open space areas. To the west of Los Robles is rancho Sierra Vista/Satwiwa and Point Mugu State Park which creates a public backcountry of over 27,000 acres of open space that stretches to the Pacific Ocean at Sycamore Cove.
Mountain bikers wanting an extended ride can access this trail system by riding 8 miles up Sycamore Canyon from Point Mugu State Park Sycamore Canyon Campground.
The ride described below includes much of the singletrack in the western section of the Los Robles Trail system:
• From the car park, ride east on the trail to the asphalted Sycamore Canyon road, jog left a short ways, then pick up the Wendy Trail turning to your right. This will take you to the Wendy Trailhead (another access point).
• From the Wendy Trailhead, start down the Wendy Connector for about 100 feet, and then turn left onto the Sycamore-Los Robles Connector just before the creek crossing.
• Cross Potrero Rd and pick up the Los Robles Trail on the other side. Head uphill, cross the paved access road and continue.
• At the Felton Street Connector, turn right and continue uphill on the Los Robles Trail. You will push your bike up some of the hills on this segment.
• Continue on the Los Robles Trail past the Rosewood Trail junction.
• Turn left onto the Spring Canyon trail which will take you to Lynn Oaks Park.
• From the park take Capitan (city street) to Lynn Road. Turn left and reconnect with the Rosewood Trail (singletrack) on your left between Ventu Park Rd. and Regal Oak Rd.
• Climb Rosewood Trail back to the junction with Los Robles.
• Consider a brief out-and-back, side trip up Angel's Point (picnic tables) when you reach the top of Rosewood.
• Turn right when you intersect with Los Robles Trail and retrace your route back to the start.