Length: 12 mi (19.3 km)
Elevation: +2,564/2 ft
Total: 81 riders
Mountain Biking Blue Mountain
#5 of 311 mountain bike trails in Ontario
#232 in the world
Blue Mountain Ski resort provides various leveled downhill runs. you need a specific bike for this place. Basically to enjoy this place a bike with 140mm is a required piece of equipment. Bring a full face helmet and armor. You can rent everything there as well. Very fun fast trails with high birms as well as knarly rooted rocky runs.
Just a great place to go fast and enjoy Freestyling and Dh running. Some runs are not for the faint of heart. Some can actually really hurt if your not used to this level of runs. Follow the trail marker levels.
I recommend tires that are at least 2.3 wide and fairly agressive. If you have a tire that has good transitional knobs that would be ideal. A Nevegal or Chunder would work well.
Before you go
- Drinking water
- No E-bikes permitted
- No Fat biking allowed in winter
- No Fee required
- Lift service
- No Night riding allowed
- Pump track
From the 401 and 400:
* Take the 401 to Provincial Route 400 N to Barrie
* ! Take the Hwy 26/Hwy 27 - Exit #98 towards Stayner/Wasaga Beach
* At the stop light, turn left onto Bayfield St. N/Provincial Route 27/26
* Travel North on Bayfield Street (Hwy #26/27) past all the fast food restaurants and shopping malls
* ! Turn left at Hwy #26 West Stayner/Collingwood sign (GP Masonry & Landscaping Supplies is on the right)
* Follow Hwy #26 West to Stayner, turn right at the lights (Esso gas centre) and continue along Hwy #26 West.
* You will still be on Hwy #26 West
* Go through the set of stop lights at the Mosley Street intersection, Wasaga Beach and continue along Hwy #26 to Collingwood
* Proceed straight through the lights at Pilkington Factory (this will be on your left)
* ! At the next set of lights at Collingwood (Car dealership on right and Home Furniture on left), follow the ramp to the right - you will still be on Hwy #26 West
* Proceed along Hwy #26 West until you see the stop lights at the First Street/Hurontario Street intersection (Loblaws will be on your left and bulk barn on your right) go straight through those lights and the next two sets of lights until you reach the third set of lights with Holiday Inn Express on the right and Mac's Milk on your left.
* ! Proceed straight through these lights, you will now be on Blue Mountain Road Ext. and will be driving straight towards the mountain.
* Major landmarks you will pass along the way are:
1. Walmart to your left
2. Goodyear to your right
3. Billboard about Blue Mountain on your left
* You will approach a set of lights where you will see Mountainside Sports to your left.
* Proceed straight through those lights (the road now becomes Grey Road #19) and continue to Entrance One at the Resort or Entrance Two if you are an overnight guest.
Have you ridden this trail? Help improve this information