Blackrock Freeride Trails
Length: 10 mi (16.1 km)
Elevation: +483/464 ft
Total: 102 riders
Mountain Biking Blackrock Freeride Trails
#3 of 298 mountain bike trails in Oregon
#68 in the world
Blackrock is a mountain bike only trail system (with wooden/dirt stunts, but all with bypasses so this is XC, DH, as well as FR friendly!). There's dozens of ways to enjoy 'em depending on what you're up for, however most people use the main fire road to push up to some point (either to "Basic Training" a mere mile from trailhead for practise/sessioning) or all the way up to the top where "Sickter Gnar", "Granny's Kitchen", "Bonzai Downhill", or "Sunday Stroll" begin. Pick up a wateproof trailmap at local shop (Santiam Bicycle in Salem or Dallas, Fall Line Sports in Silverton, Trail Head Cycles in Hillsboro, or Full Cycles in Corvallis). Blackrock Freeride Association is the advocacy group responsible for cooperating with Oregon Department of Forestry and handle management of these trails.
Before you go
- No Drinking water
- No E-bikes permitted
- No Fat biking allowed in winter
- No Fee required
- No Lift service
- Night riding allowed
- No Pump track
- No Restrooms
Blackrock Trails are located west of Falls City, Oregon. Driving directions to the trailhead from I-5 / Salem (drive time: 50-60 minutes):
- From I-5, take exit 258 (North Salem / Fairgrounds / Amphitheater).
- Turn Southwest onto Portland RD.
- Continue on Portland RD to Marion Street (follow signs for Dallas / Ocean Beaches).
- Turn onto Marion Street heading West to reach OR-22 WEST (youll leave town over
Marion Street bridge).
- Continue on OR-22 West to Dallas (approx. 9 miles from Salem).
- Turn left off OR-22, continue on Ellendale AVE (follow Kings Valley / Falls City signs).
In Dallas, bear left onto MAIN ST (youll see sign for OR-223 SOUTH).
- Turn right onto FAIRVIEW AVE which becomes OR-223 South follow out of town.
- Continue on OR-223 South to Falls City RD (approx. 9 miles from Dallas).
- Turn right onto Falls City RD, continue to Falls City.
In Falls City:
- Continue west on main road through town.
- Bear right before bridge onto Mitchell (do not cross bridge).
- Continue up short hill, Turn left onto dirt road and mark your odometer.
- Follow river about 3 miles.
- Turn right just past Camp Tapawingo sign.
- Continue ~250 yards, crossing over bridge / park at small area to right (do not drive past the gate! even if it is open).
Youll see wooden Blackrock Trail sign. See trail map for details about where to
ride! Have fun!
Have you ridden this trail? Help improve this information