Length: 6 mi (9.7 km)
Elevation: +225/211 ft
Total: 14 riders
Mountain Biking Back Country Excursion
#12 of 93 mountain bike trails in Maine
#1625 in the world
This is a park in the woods constructed and dedicated to mountain biking. It's on private land, so no pesky rangers telling us "you can't ...", skinhead ATV riders looking to run us over or elderly Land's End-granola hikers having heart attacks because dear-Lord! there are mountain bikers out here, too! Owner & designer Cliff Krolick has done a great job over the years creating a full network of singletrack, including some climbs, tricky descents and stunts.
Site has a lodge and yurt for indoor stays, with kitchen & bathrooms, hot tub & camping sites. Definitely worth a 2-3 day stay to explore it all.
First added by ac90002 on May 11, 2020. Last updated May 11, 2020. → add an update
Have you ridden this trail? Help improve this information
* From New Hampshire, Route 25 East (to Portland, Maine)
* Go approx. 10 miles on 25, till "Welcome to Maine" sign, and approx 3 miles beyond sign turn right onto Route 160
* Go over the river & about 3 miles; look for set of white school buildings and parsonfield Seminary on left.
* As you pass the school, Route 160 takes a shape left, stay on it for 1 mile AND TURN RIGHT on first paved road (Merrill Hill Road ).
* Continue up Merrill Hill for 1.5 miles till you see the church on the way down on right
GO SLOW....Make the next right after church onto Middle Road and STOP
* GO only about 30' more and take IMMEDIATE left onto Woodward Road. (Woodward Road looks like a driveway leading to a white farmhouse ...but it continues down behind it.)
* Go on down about 1/4 mi. more till you see Back Country Excursions sign at bottom on left go by sign and uphill till road dead-ends and we're on the left.