Pivot has updated their go-fast full suspension bike, the Mach 4 Carbon, for 2018. New for next year is “a fully redesigned rear triangle with increased stiffness and more tire clearance as well as Boost 148 rear hub spacing,” according to Pivot.
The Mach 4 will also be available in both trail and XC Race configurations, which will “[enable] riders to get a bike that is dialed for exactly how they want to ride,” said Chris Cocalis, Pivot President/CEO.
The trail version of the bike will come with a 130mm Fox 34 fork, Maxxis Ardent 2.35″ tires, and 740mm riser bars with a short stem. The XC Race version will come with a Fox 32 Step Cast fork, Maxxis Ikon 2.2″ tires, and a Phoenix Team Flat Carbon bar.
Riders can choose between a trail-ready build with 130mm travel Fox 34, Maxxis Ardent 2.35 tires and 740mm wide riser bars with shorter stems or a competition-ready machine with Fox 32 Step Cast fork with 100mm of travel, fast rolling Maxxis IKON 2.2” tires and a Phoenix Team Flat Carbon handlebar.
Across all models the new Mach 4 offers:
- 115mm [rear] travel dw-link® suspension with race and trail tuning*
- Full carbon frame featuring Pivot exclusive hollow box internal molding technology
- 27.5″ wheels
- Fits tires up to 2.6”
- Boost 148mm rear hub spacing
- XS, S, M, L & L(long) sizing, with our X-small featuring the lowest stand-over clearance of any 27.5″ suspension bike made
- Full length internal cable routing, and Shimano Di2 compatible with Pivot’s exclusive cable port system
- Dropper post compatible with internal routing
- Enduro Max cartridge bearings
- Custom tuned Fox Float DPS Kashima rear shock
- Frame weight from 5.1lbs (2.3kg)
- Complete bike weights starting under 22lbs (10kg)
- 2 sets of bottle cage mounts
- Ultra-quiet, low durometer rubberized frame protection
Team XTR Di2 2x Model
The most expensive Mach 4 model available is the Team XTR Di2 2x for $9,499. It comes spec’ed with the Fox 34 Factory fork, Fox Float Factory DPS rear shock, said Di2 drivetrain, XTR Trail M9020 brakes, DT Swiss XMC 1200 wheels, Maxxis Ardent Race 27.5×2.35″ tires, and a carbon cockpit.
Race XT 1x Model
The most affordable Mach 4 model on Pivot’s website is the Race XT 1x for $4,599. It comes spec’ed with a Fox 34 Performance fork, Fox Float Factory DPS rear shock, a 1×11 speed XT/SLX mixed drivetrain, Shimano M615 brakes, Sun Ringle Charger Comp wheels, Maxxis Ardent Race 27.5×2.35″ tires, and an alloy cockpit.
Between these two models you can find a variety of build kits, including a range of 1×12-speed SRAM Eagle drivetrains. All models of the bike can also be upgraded with a Fox Transfer dropper post. For more information, be sure to visit Pivot’s website.