Window Shopping

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

ok, so Im doing window shopping for a new rig with limited funds. I checked out the Bikes Direct website and really like the prices!! My question is, has anyone heard of Dawes, Windsor, etc.. or are these bikes an illusion.? Any input to kick around would be greatly appreciated!!

Those are various names for chinese made frames.

Also check bike island, which is the same place, and they both sell on ebay for even less money.

Craigslist?

But are they any good?? Most of the bike reviews I have read say that the bike orgin is from outside the U.S. I appreciate the response.

I would check local bike shop,mail order bike? I would rather sit on what Im buyin,but thats just my 2cnts. 😎

Thanks for the input. I know everyone has different opinions and likes/dislikes, I just thought I would get some feedback from more experienced riders. Thanks

"98special" wrote

I would check local bike shop,mail order bike? I would rather sit on what Im buyin,but thats just my 2cnts. 😎

I agree. Some friends have bought through bikes direct and they have been pleasantly surprised. I, personally, would rather support the LBS and be sure of a proper fit.

I demo’ed a few bikes and read lots of reviews, then bought my Giant Trance as a frame only from ebay and spent the winter tracking down components to build it out. It fits perfectly and is a pleasure to ride.

Before buying a bike online, you have to be very familiar with your body dimensions and be able to read the manufacturer’s geometry listings. Online bike purchasing is possible, but it takes some homework to get it right.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.