Where to ride Maine?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I will be heading to Sebasco Harbour maine in a few weeks and need a few places to ride anybody got any advice. I will be riding mostly with my daughter who is quite capable but slow. So almost any type trail will do minus very hilly, steep climbs are not her favorite. Thanks

Sebasco Harbor is about 30 minutes outside of Bath and an hour outside of Freeport. Both places have some great riding.

In Bath, check out the Bath Trails network http://www.cityofbath.com/bath_bathtrails.html

I park at the Thornes head entrance and follow the trail to the YMCA. It is a pretty cool network of singletrack that dries out faster than a lot of stuff when it rains. There is not a lot of climbing but, as is the way with out sport, some is required. Nothing extreme. There are some man-made bridges and some smaller, more sketchy little obstacles but nothing required. (more bonus features) It can get semi-techy. (I had my first endo there) If your daughter is capable, she will like it. It follows the Whiskeag River and is very pretty.

My favorite riding in the area is Bradbury State Park in Pownall, just an hour or so from where you are. Bradbury is split into two sections, the east and west side. The west side is the mountain side. If your daughter doesn’t like to climb, she should avoid this side. There are some great side trails that have been built over the past year on the West Side but generally, unless I am in the mood to climb and explore, I leave that side to the hikers.

The East Side trails have a little bit of everything. There are a lot of very fun stuff in there. The main gate has a nice well laid out map.

Pownall is right next to freeport so once you have finished riding, you can have lunch and take your daughter shopping at the outlets. If you are looking for more info or a riding buddy, let me know. I’d be more than happy to show you around or just tag along.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.