Whats up Everyone

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I am new to riding and glad to join this site and plan on asking allot of stupid questions so please be nice 😛

I live near denver and i am looking for some easy trails to ride, right now i ride the cherry creek trail which is not dirt also i take my dog to cherry creek park and ride the trails, also if i have her on my Walky Dog leash can i take my dog on most trails

Thank You ladies and Gents

And remember share the trail with out of shape riders

I am talking with Krispy Kreme and Del Taco to get a sponser 😉

Hey, and welcome to the boards man.

You’ll fully enjoy it hear, especially being new to the sport. It’s a great place to read up on things, and learns many new things, get other people’s opinions, and of course find wicked places to ride.

As for your dog related question, it’s tough to say. I know for the most part you can do dog-walking/riding up where I live as long as the leash is attached and you have control, but on mountain biking specific trails I don’t think it is allowed, nor would it be advised anyway. However I don’t live in CO so it could be completely different. 😮

I would look into the State and Local laws and ordinances before taking a dog on the trail especially if there is chance he will be off leash or out of your direct control. Even if your dog "doesn’t bite" if he gets away from you and scares someone else and they for instance fall off their bike and get injured you could find yourself in tight spot. Just a thought…

http://www.singletracks.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2535

This previous post may have some answers for you. Welcome aboard.

cjm

Jefferson County Trails all allow dogs, but they have a leash law. I see very few dogs on the trails with leashes and I haven’t heard of anyone being ticketed. There are a few J.Co trails that allow dogs off leashes, but I believe they are hiker only trails. J.Co trails are quite zippy and it might be dangerous to have your dog tethered to your bike. Dogs can be great riding companions, but they keep up in two ways. One, they choose lines that are unavailable to you as rider. Two, where on a bike you are accelerating and slowing constantly, dogs keep a steady pace. So, the average descent time for a good biking dog is roughly the same as his master. He just does it differently.

For next step trails, right now is tough ’cause we are buried in snow. Centennial Cone is a great next step. It’s mostly smooth with some rather gentle technical sections. The trails at Bergen Peak are mostly smooth as well. However, the short moments when get they technical they get rather technical. There’s nothing there that can’t be descended and a good pedaler could clean most, if not all, the climbs. Green Mountain will be the soonest thing to open for beginners. It should be melted by Saturday just in time for the next snow storm to get here. Perhaps the next weekend it will be ridable. Mathews/Winters is next as long as you stick to Red Rocks trail. Morrison Slide and Dakota Ridge can get quite hairy. Next would be Deer Creek Canyon in Littleton. Only one really hairy spot. Next work on Chimney Gulch then Apex Trail. Once you feel comfortable descending Apex Trail, you can get down pretty much anything on Front Range. You’ll still have a lot to learn, but you’ll be okay. Learning to climb will take a lot longer.

Thanks for the input, i have a leash made for bikes so she would never be off, as far as the trails right now i do enjoy the all downhill 😆

I thank you all for the advice and look for the tall out of shape guy on the Diamondback with a yellow lab.
      😃

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.