What is a good bike shop in Phoenix? Need a bike for 2 wks.

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum What is a good bike shop in Phoenix? Need a bike for 2 wks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am going to be in Phoenix for about 2 weeks in late January – early February. I am hoping to find a good place that I can rent a decent mountain bike for the 2 weeks without spending too much money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I also considered buying a used bike and then selling it back just before I left. Do any of you know of any Phoenix area pawn shops that have a lot of bikes?

There are lots of shops in the Phoenix area, but the greater Phoenix area is pretty big and spread out. Roughly where in Phoenix or around Phoenix are you staying?

For the first 9 days I am staying in Avondale (W of Phoenix) and working at Phoenix International Raceway – right next to Estrella Mtn. Park. I’m hoping to get rides in after work each day at Estrella.

Then I’m going to New Mexico for 3 days, then returning to Phoenix and planning to camp at Usery Mtn. Park (E of Phoenix) for 4 days to get in some more riding and some archery practice.

Another site recommended Cactus Bike. Any thoughts? Also, I spoke to the folks at Tempe Bicycle and they seemed to have decent rates and a bike that will fit my 6’3" height.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Josh

I have never rented a bike here, but I have been to Cactus bike for parts and other accessories and they have always seemed knowledgable and pretty good guys. THey also carry quality bikes so I would imagine if they rent they have decent equipment. I live in the east valley and if you are at Usery you should definately ride the Hawes trails. It is only 10 minutes from Usery and the trails blow Usery away. Get over to Power road north of Mcdowell and follow Power north until you start to head down a big hill and to the left is a small dirt parking lot. Park there and ride across the street to the beginning of the gard rail and the trail head picks up. I recommend the Ridge trail, Sauaro and parts of Hawes. They all loop around eventually to each other. Good technical, downhill as well as some hefty climbs. I think it is top 2 if not best in east valley. The Mcdowell Competitive track (aka Cactus Cup) is pretty cool too, but a little farther north. Good luck, enjoy the trails

Thanks for the trail tip. I had seen the Hawes trail listed many times as a "top" Phoenix area ride. I will get there for sure.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.