what bike to buy for 700-800

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I have been looking at the scott aspect 950 cannondale trail 29er and the rockhopper29 . also I have been looking on line at the khs aquila , but cant find any local to look at. suntour kills me with so many forks and not knowing the litte details. all are about the same components , but I had my gary fisher for 20 plus years .

This can’t be beat for the price
      http://www.airbornebicycles.com/product … -29er.aspx

You could also look at the trek line of 29er’s! I have not had a single problem out of my 2013 Trek Marlin in the 1200+ miles so far. Also with Suntour, they offer a customer loyalty program that I could explain in more detail if needed. But the jest of it is if you buy a new bike with a low end Suntour fork they will give you an extreme discount on one of their higher end forks as an upgrade later. It is a pretty good deal from what I have been investigating for my own upgrade!

Second that comment about the Trek line of 29er’s… I’ve been racking up miles on my Mamba and could not be happier 😃

My Mamba has been awesome as well. I’ve only been able to put about 60 miles since I got it about a month ago, but the only trail close is a five mile. On top of that, Trek had a 23" frame which was nice for my 240+ 6’6" self.

I got a gravity 29er from bikes direct. Came with deore shifters, derailers added rockshok TK solo air better shock for same price as suntour loyalty upgrade and didn’t have to change to 15mm front hub. All for 650.00! Couldn’t even come close at local actually felt bad really like the shop but about 200.00 to 300.00 difference for same components.

loving my specialized rockhopper it’s a 2 x 10, shifts fast and smooth you real need to check them out
      and yes it’s my first bike and i have had it for 40 days and have about 127 miles so far on it all off road
      😃

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.