Western IMBA Trail Crew-

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My travels have taken me back west near Vegas which is nice considering the cold front that has moved into the SW states the past week. One thing I am disappointed about though is missing meeting up with the western IMBA Trail Crew again as they were teaching in Sedona last weekend. I did spend a weekend in Arnold, CA with them last month and found the course very informative. I also really enjoyed meeting the couple presenting the classes, Chris & Leslie. Originally from CO, a couple years ago they put everything in storage, quite their jobs and set off to tour the world on bicycles (these two are my hero’s already). The west coast IMBA position came up so they put the tour on hold to do this. Great people with that large lust for life that cant be hidden, they keep a weekly update about their travels and Trail Crew classes on their blog site – Live Learn Ride
      http://livelearnride.com/

Leslie is also a fantastic photographer which is mixing extremely well with all the traveling they do, links to her work can be found on their blog site. She also has a book available featuring a lot of her work entitled ‘Life is a Bicycle’ also available through a link on their site.
      I do know the classes are winding down for this year but if you get a chance to catch them at some point next year please do so, it’s a great way to spend a weekend with some great people giving back to what we love the most. I know I am looking forward to it.

Nice. I rode with Collins of the Eastern crew about a week ago at the Bartram Trail in GA and we chatted a bit about life on the road. It sounds like their 2 year tour is winding down this winter so maybe that means there’s an open slot? I don’t see anything on the IMBA TCC page about applications so they’re either closed by now or they aren’t doing the TCC in 2010… Anyone know what’s up?

Honestly I havent checked, and now that I think about it I didn’t hear anything from the Trail Crew to lead me to believe they are or are not on for next year. Hmm.
      Im thinking a letter of appreciation to IMBA for the program itself may be in order. But with that said, Subaru actually pays all the bills for the Trail Crew, the car, expenses and even salaries. So a duplicate letter to Subaru as well as IMBA might be a good idea. I will work on that myself and if I find the appropriate email address’ I will surely pass them along here.

You all know that just by being an IMBA member you automatically get a fairly decent discount on a new Subaru right?
      It has been a deal for quite some time, it is just my opinion but I think it may be pretty important to let them know just how valuable the Trail Crew program is to us MTB’s as a community.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.