Upgrading can be FUN

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Is it just me, or is spending money on good bike gear a WHOLE lot of fun?

It’s going on my Heckler tomorrow. Can’t wait.

Hey Rebus,hows it goin?I am reading your post on your fox float rlc.I have the fox talas rlc and am possibly thinking of getting a coil pre load fork.If i make this change and stay with fox,i will have to get away from the talas feature on the account that the talas feature does not come with a coil pre loaded option.I bought my bike pretty much around the talas(travel adjust)feature and feel that being a bigger rider (280 plbs.) the ability to adjust down to 100 mm travel to climb up a mountain is pretty beneficial to me.I am wondering what you think the difference in haveing or not haveing travel adjust on a mountain bike is.

Hey Rebus,hows it goin?I am reading your post on your fox float rlc.I have the fox talas rlc and am possibly thinking of getting a coil pre load fork.If i make this change and stay with fox,i will have to get away from the talas feature on the account that the talas feature does not come with a coil pre loaded option.I bought my bike pretty much around the talas(travel adjust)feature and feel that being a bigger rider (280 plbs.) the ability to adjust down to 100 mm travel to climb up a mountain is pretty beneficial to me.I am wondering what you think the difference in haveing or not haveing travel adjust on a mountain bike is.

I’ve never used a TALAS or U-turn fork, so I can’t really comment on the difference. I had a Manitou Minute that had the Infinite Travel adjust, but it sucked and I never used it. My brother has two TALAS forks, but he sets the travel at 130mm and never changes it. For my riding style I don’t think a travel adjustable fork would benefit me and my riding style to the point where I’d be willing to spend $100 – $150 extra on it. The Float RLC works for me and I love that thing.

Maybe Bombadier could comment on this….

Hey thanks rebus,i’ll run it past bomberdier and see what he has to say

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.