Trail Signage

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I need some suggestions, the town I work in (Winter Park, CO) is wanting to add trail signage from the town to the national forest trails. What are some towns that have good directional signage from in town trailheads? If you have any pictures of the town signage and could post them here, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Are you talking about signage for riding your bike from town, to the trails? Personally, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that. Interested to see if anyone else has.

I’d be happy a sign on the trail head saying it was in fact the trail head. I drove past one parking lot 2-3 times when I was in Tuscon. The trails themselves had excellent signage though.

@grandlakejames

Are you looking to have the signage all in one place pointing in the various directions to the trails or what were you envisioning?

We are going to develop two or three trailheads in the town (with a sign stating it’s trailhead parking 😃 ) and then signage would start from there and would follow the roads to the national forest. The major trailhead will be in the downtown and be about one mile from the national forest boundary. Signage would be installed all along the sidewalks leading through the residential neighborhoods to the forest service boundary. There are two roads that lead to the forest. We would also have signage leading to a private subdivision that has public trails as well.

"grandlakejames" wrote

We are going to develop two or three trailheads in the town (with a sign stating it’s trailhead parking 😃 ) and then signage would start from there and would follow the roads to the national forest. The major trailhead will be in the downtown and be about one mile from the national forest boundary. Signage would be installed all along the sidewalks leading through the residential neighborhoods to the forest service boundary. There are two roads that lead to the forest. We would also have signage leading to a private subdivision that has public trails as well.

That sounds awesome! You guys could be setting a new precedent.

"grandlakejames" wrote

Awesome!

"mtbgreg1" wrote

That sounds awesome! You guys could be setting a new precedent.[/quote]

There just is’nt any good Trail Head Parking up there.But it’s awsome riding up there….Kind of a PITA to have to park in downtown but a little organization of parking and direction will help that,good thinkin james,keep us updated…

I also am looking for some trail signage for a single track we recently built on school grounds. I found this website resource that will definitely be useful! They have trail head signs, difficulty rating signs, etc.

inter-mnt.com

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.