Tour De Colorado Project

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Mountain Biking the Colorado Trail

Recently, Kristin and I have made it a goal to ride the Colorado Trail (CoT) in its entirety. The CoT runs from Denver to Durango covering nearly 500 miles with an elevation change of approximately 90,000′ and a highpoint of 13,200′

CLICK for project information and additional segment reports / trip reports as we ride more segments of the CoT

Date: May 24, 2012
      Chosen Direction: South Platte Canyon trail-head to Little Scraggy trail-head (ridden as an out and back)
      Mileage: 23 miles (11.5 each way)
      Elevation Gain: 1702′
      Average Pace: 13 min/mile
      Total time includes breaks: 4.5 hours
      Trail description: Stays within the Buffalo Creek Fire area for 80% of the ride and is mostly flat, gravelly and flows well.

CLICK for full trip report including GPS tracks

Date: June 16, 2012
      Chosen Direction: Copper Mountain Trail-head to Searle Pass 12044′ (ridden as an out and back)
      Mileage: 19.3 miles (9.65 each way)
      Elevation Gain: 2360′
      Average Pace: 19 min/mile
      Total time includes breaks: 6 hours
      Trail description: Great rolling singletrack including several bridges as the trail cuts across Copper Mountain Ski Resort. Once alongside Guller creek several creek crossings and a continuous moderate climb through treeline upto the alpine basin formed by Elk Mountain and Sugarloaf peaks. Here you can expect snow fields and muddy conditions starting around 11700′ during early summer months.

CLICK for full trip report

That is one awesome goal, good luck!

I would love to do something like this. I am completely jealous and wishing you the best.

Wow what a great trip. Enjoy and I look forward to reading more trip reports! 😛

are you not thru biking it??

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.