Too wet to ride

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Was too wet to ride today, so we picked some wet spots with nearby rock and armored the trail with rock. This was big one. That is my foot next to the rock. We’ll ride right over this rock. You can see the hole we dug in the trail to put the rock into just above the rock. This spot turned from a muddy seep to a small rock garden in about 90 minutes.

This is the rest of the spot. It’s raining again now. I bet all the dirt has been washed away and the rock is all that is left. Should ride great anyway.

This is at the Forks Area Trail System in Clarks Hill, SC

Awesome work,I’d love to do that here if we had more rock!

We have very little native rock to work with here. It just this spot had some nearby. We use a lot of broken up concrete and these bricks we get for free from a local brick plant. The bricks aren’t like a brick house would be made of. They are kiln bricks, are about 3" thick (perfect) and about 12" by 8" length and width.

Would love to have 100% native stone, but don’t.

This is a great time of year to do this work. The seeps are showing, the ground is soft, and the trails are too wet to ride anyway.

nice work man. i remember all of the bricks built into the trail when i rode fats, and remember thinking that it must have taken a lot of work to haul them all in

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.